ocz black edition memory timings @ 1333 6-6-6-18

Hello guys, I'm new to the forums here. So anywho-

I've got these ocz ddr3-1600 black edition sticks which don't run at the rated 1600mhz stably no matter what the voltage. Now it amazed the hell out of me that I was able to get it to 1333 cl7 stable for 5+ hours on prime95. Today I was tinkering some more at 6-6-6-18-24 @ 1.669v, put it through memtest86+ for 5 hours more and lo and behold no errors. I'm going to give it some prime95 tonight to see if it loses integrity. That sure impressed the hell out of me. But like I said, it doesn't even want to budge at 1600. OCZ will agreed to RMA for some new sticks, so here I ask you gurus if I should even waste my time sending it back?

:ph34r:

955be

Crosshair III

Sapphire 5850

Crosair 850tx

Zalman cnps9900

HAF 922

Win7 64

• 4 months later...

http://benchmarkreviews.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=438&Itemid=67

this will definitely help, while your there you should look up your motherboard as well. voltage seems like a minute problem that can only be figured out when you go to the manufactures page. I have had that problem happen on many a builds.

If this doesnt help..... I'm getting the sticks regardless, I love ocz they have been good to me.

my current rig is

phenom x4 9850

ecs 790gx

2gb ocz

5770 ati xfx video card