overclocking q9550 on asus p5q-E

alex8642

Ok so I have a Q9550 cpu that I am having issues overclocking... From what I have seen it should be no problem for me to OC to 3.4Ghz on this proc. But no matter what I do I can't POST when I try an FSB of 400, I've messed around with voltages and everything... Nothings working for me. Right now its 100% stable at 365 but that is a crappy OC. I have a thermal electric cooler (ultra chilltec) here that weighs a kilogram on my board AND 9 fans in my coolermaster case to keep things nice and cool. Heat will not be an issue there... In fact the cooler came with a temp readout that tells me the temp is approximately 30 degrees. Doesn't really change much at all. It has a different readout than the programs in the pics I have attached. The voltage on my ram is already at 2.1v and I have tried tweaking the Northbridge and the cpu vcore to no avail. If I leave everything on auto and just change the FSB as long as I don't go above 370ish I am fine... It doesn't make sense to me... If my cpu is running at such a low temp what the heck is keeping me from OCing the crap out of this thing? I even have the more expensive arctic silver thermal paste on it... Help me out guys, I've never been able to OC much on any of my boards... Can we like make a guideline for me like for every 5 Mhz of FSB increase voltage here here and here by particular increments? No psu problem either btw I have a 1000 watt power supply. What is preventing me from OCing.... RAM? PCI-E? SB? NB? THANKS for ANY help you can give... I have tried several OC guides including the one here to no avail.

post-68249-1267112217_thumb.jpg

post-68249-1267112234_thumb.jpg

ALEX_PC.txt

• 2 weeks later...