Overclocking Intel 330

OCFreak

I am in the process of trying to tweak my new ASUS EB1501 HTPC and would like to bring the CPU frequency up to around 2.0GHz. I have seen many other places on the net OC to 2.2GHz and beyond, but I am not interested in going that far.

There is a software called EEE Manager that the system comes with that allows you to set the clock of the CPU to 1.76GHz rather than the stock 1.6GHz. It is software based but it definitely affects the BIOS of the machine, because I formatted and it still stays at 1.76GHz in the BIOS and on my new Windows 7 install. I have been searching the dll files that are related to the EEE Manager software to see if I can't find a way to crank of it up to 2.0GHz. Any ideas where I should start? I have never had to do this much digging.

I would like to avoid using SetFSB or the like, I really want to do it on the hardware/BIOS level as opposed to software.

Am I correct in thinking that there has to be a file somewhere that relates to the setting of the bus speed? Thanks for any help you can provide.

Edited by OCFreak

So I ripped this entire machine apart in hopes of finding what the Clock Generator was. I am not sure if I was successful or not. The vast majority of images that are on the internet showing where the ICS or other CGs are located on the motherboard all seemed to be very close or next to the silver capacitor with the writing "TXC" on it ... anyways I took a picture of the chip itself and the one next to it. Could this be my CG?

Nevermind, after some research it looks like that is the Card Reader ... FACK! I already put this thing back together again LOL

Any idea what I should be looking for on the motherboard? I do not see an ICS number anywhere .... does it HAVE to be an ICS number?