Dell E5400

wormy

does anyone know of any software to control the cpu fan, since I've upgraded to Win7 it runs hot and the fan speed wont change, its only up to about 3/4 of what it should be. I've googled everything I can think of and nothing is working so far.

Edited by wormy

does anyone know of any software to control the cpu fan, since I've upgraded to Win7 it runs hot and the fan speed wont change, its only up to about 3/4 of what it should be. I've googled everything I can think of and nothing is working so far.

Updating/changing your OS should have virtually nothing to do with the speed of a system fan. You can use the BIOS(Most of them, at least. Any half-decent BIOS) of the computer to set the computer fan, though.

thats what i thought but there is no fan control in the bios. I know the fan speed is adjustable because its a 4 wire fan. Ive looked in the power management area in win7 and the fan is set to active but its still turning slow. Ive looked on dell support site as well and didnt see anything there either. Im at a loss, and its a Dell E5400 laptop if anyone has any ideas ill appreciate it

thats what i thought but there is no fan control in the bios. I know the fan speed is adjustable because its a 4 wire fan. Ive looked in the power management area in win7 and the fan is set to active but its still turning slow. Ive looked on dell support site as well and didnt see anything there either. Im at a loss, and its a Dell E5400 laptop if anyone has any ideas ill appreciate it

I say get a new computer, lol.