noob needs help!!!!

underclocked

Hello I just wanna throw in there that I have a Gigabyte board aswell and did some overclocking. I found that leaving everything at the default/auto settings stabilized my system. GA boards don't like you to mess with the settings, which is why the bios looks so cryptic. Not overclocker friendly at all.

I had been trying to get stable 4.0GHz for a little over a week. It wouldn't let me set my D-ram freq among other things. So anyways, after a day or two I'd get instability to the point where I couldn't use my system.

So I went back and set everything to default/auto and bumped up the v-core to get to 4.0GHz. I think I also set the robust graphics booster setting to turbo or something, but that's it. It's been rock solid stable for over a month now.

According to cpu-z, everything is set to the right values when I let the mobo manage everything.

lol well for now im just trying to get my memory to be 1066. thats what i paid for and thats whats on the package 1066. not 800. i emailed them the problem and they told me that i had to overclock it just to get the 1066 i paid for. if anyone is or would ever thing about hyperx i would really reconsider. theres pages and pages of people with the same problems im having in 10+ forums. one of those being newegg!

lol thanks... i tried that for the memory to but it was just people askin how to do it on forums

lol im so tired of trying that i almost wanna quit. the links above did not help at all... i dont think you understand how complicated gigabyte made there bios. i dont really know what im doing so i dont know what alot of the names and settings are and what to do exactly...

=(

lol thanks... i tried that for the memory to but it was just people askin how to do it on forums

lol im so tired of trying that i almost wanna quit. the links above did not help at all... i dont think you understand how complicated gigabyte made there bios. i dont really know what im doing so i dont know what alot of the names and settings are and what to do exactly...

=(