Overclocking e8400 ( first time )

So I have done some small over clocking ( changings the fsb in the bios) but nothing drastic. i am using the Gigabyte ga-g31m-s2l Motherboard, the e8400 wolfdale intel processor, G.SKILL 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500), and my psu i believe is the XCLIO GREATPOWER X14S8P4 850W ATX12V / EPS12V. Right now I have the cpu frequency set to 400x9, which clocks it at 3.60ghz. The memory frequence ( which is on auto) is set to 800 960 respectively. Everything is set on auto. Temperature wise, it stays very cool, I have a after market fan on it, and a very cool case ( also an xclio) so I would like to push it allot farther. I have never done any voltage changing or anything like that, if i push it past 400x9 then it locks up, or windows will not boot. The memory from what i understand should be able to be clocked higher, but clocking that any higher causes it to crash as well. So anyway, if you could help me that would be awesome. Btw not sure if it is important, but right now at 3.6ghz it is idling at about 31 to 32 C