Need help with Phenom 2 805 overclocking...

kuroshiki

Hello.

I'm new to the forum and hopefully this is the right place to ask... (I did read few guides in the forum and I don't think I could find one. Please forgive me if I did something wrong)

I bought $80 Phenom 2 805 and decided to overclock it up to around 3.1Ghz. (Which sounds pretty doable, since 805 is already 2.5Ghz)

I bought ECS A780GM-A Ultra for my board and tested everything... it seems like it is working fine.

But since I'm new to overclocking, the ECS board option looks... a bit different than regular boards.

First there is famous ACC. When I first got the board and set it to AUTO, my CPU revealed to have 6MB L3 cache. (yay)

Then I updated BIOS to the latest version and now it no longer does that. (darn). It only shows 4MB L3 cache now.

But it doesn't really matter since I only care about overclocking. I learned about reference clock and HT, etc...

but ECS board doesn't even feature any of those!

It has voltage setting but unlike 1.25V or 1.325V, it has 20,30 ma increase. (What is this?)

Does anybody who has this board can explain to me how to do the overclocking with this guy? I like the board since it is loaded with feature. I just hope it is less confusing in the BIOS section.

Thanks.