help!

Nehalemi7

My new pc... Well after boot up, i have a connection to the internet so says my network card (P6T onboard). However it takes amost 10 minutes for opera, or anything that needs the net to work. I tried to ping a website but it just sits there and says it cannot be found.

It never used to do this. Only recently after bootups. And everytime, not occassionally, but once it works its fine until next time. Which isnt very often coz it stays on most of the time except for storms or when the girlfriend cannot handle the blue glare when sleeping.

Any help, will be totally appreciated.

Thanx

Win7 RC

Yeah wired to the router, but still does it when wired to the modem. Only Avira right now, but does it with it turned off.

Updated the drivers.

Have you tried going into the TCP/IP properties and removing all the unecessary stuff? and leaving just "TCP/IPv4" checked if your not doing any file sharing. Set a manual IP address also and see if that speeds things up. Defaults on DHCP. You can check your network card under the advanced tab in the device manager, make sure speed and duplex is set to autonegotiate.

Edited by uneedav8