OC problems: P5Q&Q9400

Enjin

i mentioned the LiveCD so that you could completely rule out it being an OS issue. as i said, it wont install anything at all to your HD.

youre running the stock voltages now, or the ones form the 'example'? if theres an auto setting, use that.

you said you updated the bios. wonder if its possible to flash back to the previous version, see if that solves the problem. then you know its a problem with the updated bios.

the bios does seem like the most likely problemm..The EZ FLASH or whatever its called...the built in bios updater wont let me roll back, but maybe I can find a third party one and try that instead. I am running all on auto except the FSB, because that one setting, if underclocked by 1mHz allows my comptuer to run. all voltages are auto.

I did at one time try switching the Over Voltage jumper on and off to see what would happen, but its back at its default position now. I had the computer off, but not unpowered when i changed the jumper..dont know if thats relevant..

but When I get home tonight ill try and roll back my bios, because thats the only thing left to reset to original condition that I can remember changing. Thanks