P5Q and Q9400 overclocking

Enjin

No you likely didn't burn ou your cpu. Your overclock wasn't stable and failed. I suggest you set things back to stock settings in the BIOS and don't go any further until you have some idea what you're doing.

oook.... my computer wont start at all now..

I put the overvolt jumper back where it started, took out the bios battery and cut the power to make certain everything was reset, and now the computer just keeps restarting over and over... it gets to the screen where I click "start windows normally" then just shuts off and restarts..

it flashes some blue screen, but too fast for me to read it before it restarts..

and sometimes it gets further than other times. It even shows my desktop sometimes, then has a stroke after a few second and restarts. How is that possible when I have all the settings at default?

Edited by Enjin

You may have a corrupted OS. Put your Windows disk in a set it to boot from the CD/DVD drive in BIOS and select repair install. Afterwards keep everything to stock settings and don't attempt to overclock until you understand what you are doing. Read this first and often http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=71656.

You may have a corrupted OS. Put your Windows disk in a set it to boot from the CD/DVD drive in BIOS and select repair install. Afterwards keep everything to stock settings and don't attempt to overclock until you understand what you are doing. Read this first and often http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=71656.

ok, Ill give that a try

That would makes more sense, because although I changed the settings, I never even successfully booted with new settings... Even when overclocking a 2.66 to 3.2ghz, it would still take a little while, or maybe even some game playing before I actually burnt out the chip right?

It does get to the point where the desktop starts loading though, then the screen glitches and it restarts..

How would doing this corrupt the OS anyways?

Thanks, Nick