Cuda Rendering Box

Hey Guys,

I have a P6T7 board, (4) GTX 285s, I7-920 (stock for now), 12 Gigs of G.Skill DDR3 1600, and over 1620 watts of power supplies in a Lian Li Case. My problem is I need to dissipate around 1000 watts of heat off of the system. I would like to water cool this thing however all I have found to this point are a couple of Koolance products rated at 1000watts. If I were to build a custom cooling system would you guys be able to list some quality parts so I can get my head going in the right direction on this? I have very limited experience in water cooling so I dont want to get too crazy however with some input from you guys, I figured it might make it alot easier. The box is already congested to this point. My case is an LIAN LI PC-B71. Currently there is a 1000 watt power supply in the bottom of the case and another 620 watt PSU in the top of the case. I plan on moving the 1000 watt PSU to the top of the case with the other one. This should free up some space in the bottom of the case. I also need the room for the 4th video card. Pointers or whatever would be helpful.

Thanks

David

4x GTX285 is a fair amount of power ~850W. Together with an OCd i7 and a few hard drives and yeah you'll probably top 1000W at full GPU/CPU load in CUDA, but I think you'd make your life a lot easier if you went with a single PSU, just for internal space.

Blanket statement: Koolance sucks. Pretty much true... but I'm guessing you're looking at the possibility of single slot waterblocks? The P6T7 is an ideal board for CUDA since you could actually run the 4x GTX285 cards with dual slot waterblocks, which makes your choice a lot easier (and possibly cheaper). That said, if you are looking to use single slot waterblocks, I would highly recommend the DangerDen full coverage blocks, as they cover the RAM too, so you could have all four cards watercooled, and feed the tubing from one card to another very easily, and still be able to use the other three PCIe slots for other cards...

I'd go with the XSPC RX360, Feser X-Changer Triple, or Thermochill PA120.3 as a bare minimum, and if you wanted to mount it all internally, probably one of those and a PA160.1 mounted internally if you can fit it...

Two pumps would be good... one before CPU block (Swiftech GTX or EK Supreme probably, I think DTek Fuzion is probably too restrictive considering the number of GPU blocks) and one somewhere else in the loop, possibly after the CPU before all the GPU blocks...