Phenom 2 NB bottleneck

ocre

I know there are some people who have knowledge of most of this, but there are many who still dont so,

I have to share something that most people are overlooking about the phenom2s and memory configuration. please take time EVERYBODY HERE SHOULD READ THIS. I have been talkn till i am blue in the face about this since i discovered it by accident but i have found charts for what i have been tryin to explain for a while now. ddr2 comes nest but first WITH DDR3 DONT TRY TO OVERCLOCK YOUR RAM FOR PERFORMANCE with the phenom 2s. Why? because your NB speed is your memory controller clock which is for sure the bottleneck. Increasing your ram and timings will not get the data to the cpu any faster like you would think. It sounds crazy at first, but it is true. I have discovered that my higher ram speeds have not scaled the results it should. Not only that when my timing goes up even 1-1-1 although I am running my ram at 400mhz faster my results went down. This was puzzling. Then i decided to go the other route. The tighter the memory timings and the higher the NB frequency scaled results. As my memory speed goes down my timing goes down and my performance increases. Then the higher i jack the NB with my 1600 ram at 1200 (with much tighter timings) gives me more of an increase then the ram at 1600, stock timings, and the NB just as high. everyone look at this link it can be revolutionary:

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/wiki/ind...eed_vs_NB_Speed

Now this is only on 2 benchmarks. I have ran plenty and have been blown away by the fact that the NB clock going up yields insane results over stock NB, even if the ram goes waay up. This is not where ppl generally spend time overclocking. And many many ppl spend all this extra money on ddr1800 and ddr2000, trying to get an increase in performance but with the timings being looser you dont really gain. AT ALL!

I havent tested this on DDR2 speeds but i can assure you this much. Overclocking the NB via multiplier will yield you more performance then just overclocking your ram. With the DDR2 systems the NB is even slower and you can see in these charts how much of an impact the NB has.

Has anyone wondered why the DDR2 systems are so very close to the much faster DDR3 ram systems. Its the NB bottleneck. I bet you with only the NB overclocked on a DDR2 system it can surpass a ddr3 system with stock NB. This is in real world apps and test not speaking of softsandra or any synthetic memory bull test.

So I hope this helps. It is useful but rare information which i imagine will become more and more popular information as time goes by.

Man i hope i didnt waste my time as most ppl dont take the time to learn

Edited by ocre

I know there are some people who have knowledge of most of this, but there are many who still dont so,

I have to share something that most people are overlooking about the phenom2s and memory configuration. please take time EVERYBODY HERE SHOULD READ THIS. I have been talkn till i am blue in the face about this since i discovered it by accident but i have found charts for what i have been tryin to explain for a while now. ddr2 comes nest but first WITH DDR3 DONT TRY TO OVERCLOCK YOUR RAM FOR PERFORMANCE with the phenom 2s. Why? because your NB speed is your memory controller clock which is for sure the bottleneck. Increasing your ram and timings will not get the data to the cpu any faster like you would think. It sounds crazy at first, but it is true. I have discovered that my higher ram speeds have not scaled the results it should. Not only that when my timing goes up even 1-1-1 although I am running my ram at 400mhz faster my results went down. This was puzzling. Then i decided to go the other route. The tighter the memory timings and the higher the NB frequency scaled results. As my memory speed goes down my timing goes down and my performance increases. Then the higher i jack the NB with my 1600 ram at 1200 (with much tighter timings) gives me more of an increase then the ram at 1600, stock timings, and the NB just as high. everyone look at this link it can be revolutionary:

http://www.ocztechnologyforum.com/wi...ed_vs_NB_Speed

Now this is only on 2 benchmarks. I have ran plenty and have been blown away by the fact that the NB clock going up yields insane results over stock NB, even if the ram goes waay up. This is not where ppl generally spend time overclocking. And many many ppl spend all this extra money on ddr1800 and ddr2000, trying to get an increase in performance but with the timings being looser you dont really gain. AT ALL!

I havent tested this on DDR2 speeds but i can assure you this much. Overclocking the NB via multiplier will yield you more performance then just overclocking your ram. With the DDR2 systems the NB is even slower and you can see in these charts how much of an impact the NB has.

Has anyone wondered why the DDR2 systems are so very close to the much faster DDR3 ram systems. Its the NB bottleneck. I bet you with only the NB overclocked on a DDR2 system it can surpass a ddr3 system with stock NB. This is in real world apps and test not speaking of softsandra or any synthetic memory bull test.

So I hope this helps. It is useful but rare information which i imagine will become more and more popular information as time goes by.

Man i hope i didnt waste my time as most ppl dont take the time to learn

Maybe its just me but the link you have is non functional.