Overclocking an AMD 6000+

Ya i'm so ready to get the water in there! Stupid Xoxide was backed up and didn't even ship my order yet even though I ordered last week. Suppose to have same day shipping too!! I called him up and got what i payed for shipping back so o well.

I just went in and clocked down to 2.4 for right now till the water comes in it has been running stable. I tortured it for a good 30 minutes and it didn't go above 60C so i should be ok for right now i guess. The old sink fan was only running at about 2000 rpms so i cranked that to about 4000...

With the ram thing I have PC2 5300 and pc2 6400 so when i start ocing that will it give me problems? Also i'm running 32 bit xp pro and its only reading as 2.75 gb when I have a total of 6gb of ram??? I have googled it and have got different answers on it... Someone wanna explain this?

Thanks guys!

You hijacked my thread! haha.

Looks like you have 2 different RAM speeds installed, I'm suprised you even got it running, haha.

As for the 2.75GB, 32 bit operating systems can only handle up to 4GB of RAM, before it runs out of addresses (this includes all system memory, so including your graphics memory). If you want more than that, you'll have to upgrade to a 64 bit operating system, which can handle (I believe) up to 128 GB.

Ya lol I kinda did... This was the only thread i could find where someone was talking about the 6000+ so I decided to post in here.

I figured that that was the case. Am I gonna get better performance with just the two 5000 series oced or with all three stock speeds...?

I'm not ready to move to 64 bit yet, From what I understand it is very buggy... I'm just gonna wait 6 months for it to be up to par :)

What is the configuration of your RAM sticks? (ie. 2x1gb 6400, etc)

And it's not that 64 bit is buggy, so much that it can be hard to find drivers for all your hardware. I would recommend XP 64 over Vista, but that's just me.

I have 1x2gb 6400 2x2gb 5300 for the ram....

Ya I definately don't want vista.... And i'm not quite sure i want to go through all of the hassle of upgrading to a new operating system.... The next time I wanna do that again is when i upgrade my MOBO and go up to the Phenom's....

Edited by tmann8869