Need some help overclocking my system!

sale666

your video card will definitely benefit from a cpu overclock. have you tried loosening the timings to help your OC? You should still be able to play most games beautifully though. The gtx 260 is an amazing card but, if you plan on overclocking the gpu, I'm not sure you would see the full potential of the card without overclocking the cpu as well

iv given up tryed that too it isnt going past 3.3 and its not even stable at 3.3!

Ill be saving up some money to buy core i7 920 than overclock that!

since this is not gona go 4ghz anyway XD

iv given up tryed that too it isnt going past 3.3 and its not even stable at 3.3!

Ill be saving up some money to buy core i7 920 than overclock that!

since this is not gona go 4ghz anyway XD

Can't say I blame you. Here is a great deal on the i7 for whenever you decide to buy.

http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_...duct_id=0300438

I love my i7. There is honestly no comparison in a desktop processor in my opinion. They do run really hot though so make sure you get a good cooler before you overclock. Let me know whenever you get it. I would like to see how it overclocks compared to mine since I got mine when they first came out.

Hey Hazard thanks for you reply's iv done what you sugested but the system just locks and i need to clear cmos!

iv set 220 x 15 = 3300 and iv set voltage to 1.45 and iv set HT link to 4x = 880 Mhz

iv loosen the timings to 6-6-6-18 from 5-5-5-18 and set from 1T to 2T

But it just locks me down =( =(

here are some photos take a look

img0029t.jpg

img0030ahf.jpg

img0032wke.jpg

What do you suggest trying? =(

You have any suggestion on memory i should do?

Edited by sale666

Hey Hazard thanks for you reply's iv done what you sugested but the system just locks and i need to clear cmos!

iv set 220 x 15 = 3300 and iv set voltage to 1.45 and iv set HT link to 4x = 880 Mhz

iv loosen the timings to 6-6-6-18 from 5-5-5-18 and set from 1T to 2T

What do you suggest trying? =(

You have any suggestion on memory i should do?

Have you tried turning your HT voltages up? or your chipset voltage? I would also manually set your ramm voltage because auto will sometimes overvolt which may cause it to become unstable

set yours back to the point where it first started to become unstable but would still boot and work from there.

Edited by Water_Hazard

Have you tried turning your HT voltages up? or your chipset voltage? I would also manually set your ramm voltage because auto will sometimes overvolt which may cause it to become unstable

set yours back to the point where it first started to become unstable but would still boot and work from there.

I have HT link to set up from +0.0025 and iv set to +0.0050 i can go up to 0.0200 i think...

And iv set memory +0.200 that gives it 2.0 right?

my memory default runs at 1.8v and iv been on gail's website it sez 1.8v ~ 2.3v

Could it simply be my chip is crap and my mobo also XD

I have HT link to set up from +0.0025 and iv set to +0.0050 i can go up to 0.0200 i think...

And iv set memory +0.200 that gives it 2.0 right?

my memory default runs at 1.8v and iv been on gail's website it sez 1.8v ~ 2.3v

Could it simply be my chip is crap and my mobo also XD

wow that is a really wide span for ramm voltage... If thats right try +0.300. and see if that helps keep it stable with stock timings.

Im running out of Ideas though... I think your cpu just may not be that great of an overclocker

tryed +0.300 still didnt work... well conclusion the AMD athlon X2 6000+ sucks at overclocking :D hahaa well ok im getting some money to buy a new rig anyway..

What iv planed

core i7 920

DDR3 corsair dominator 1600mhz

Asus deluxe board

Nvidia 260gtx gainward golden sample

HDD 500GB (storage for files)

SSD 64GB (for OS and games)

Antec 1200 Tower case

Corsair 750w PSU

What do you think?

ill be playing games on an samsung T220 on 1650x1050

the 6000+ hits a wall at about 220mhz fsb with multi 15x. i run one and i can't get it past 3300mhz. i have seen many people with this problem and i feel that this is the highest your gonna get this one.

tryed +0.300 still didnt work... well conclusion the AMD athlon X2 6000+ sucks at overclocking :D hahaa well ok im getting some money to buy a new rig anyway..

What iv planed

core i7 920

DDR3 corsair dominator 1600mhz

Asus deluxe board

Nvidia 260gtx gainward golden sample

HDD 500GB (storage for files)

SSD 64GB (for OS and games)

Antec 1200 Tower case

Corsair 750w PSU

What do you think?

ill be playing games on an samsung T220 on 1650x1050

You could honestly do without the SSD.. I like mine but it was a very minimal real world performance gain.. especially for the price. but everything else looks nice

2 raptor 74gb in raid0 would give you better price vs. performance plus more storage or just 1 raptor would be plenty

Edited by Water_Hazard