Evga 780i FTW & Reaper 1066mhz need help

Dewop

I have a 780I ftw board that when i oc the processor from 1333mhz to even 1 mhz over my ram mhz drops from 1066mhz to 1050mhz. If I declock the processor it declocks the ram as well. Thought it was a memory controller so i sent it in for an rma. The second board did the same thing. So i found the bios update for the board and It was only for cpu support. I thought what the heck so i tried it and same thing. So then I tried some other ram 900mhz. Same thing. In my bios I have the settings unlinked soit can be chaged seperately. I have reset the bios and changed each thing individual and saved them individual.

Then I tried my ram in my regular 780i evga and it worked fine. I feel it is a bios issue and I was wanting to know if anyone had this same issue. With the same setup or one like it.

My second question is I went to all sata rom drives as well. To get it to even do a bios update thru cd method; I had to select the specific rom drive in bios to get it to boot up to it to update the bios. Then after I updated the bios i had to deselect the specific sata rom drive to get it to but to windows. Is there anyone else running all sata drives in there system with this problem. It is the same with any bootable cd even windows.

Thank you in advance

Specs are

CPU - E8500

MOBO - Evga 780i FTW

VIDEO - EVGA 260gtx 216 core 55nm

RAM - REAPER 1066mhz

HARD DRIVE - Raptor 2x72g raid0

POWER - OCZ 1000w

1st ROM DRIVE - sata dvd drive

2md ROM DRIVE - sata lightscribe

MONITOR - 22" widscreen

CASE - Sunbeam transformer