Gigabyte Terminology & Overclocking help

PeterStoba

Hi,

In my BIOS MIT section, when in control and F1 to get more options i get 3 extra voltage options (bold ones)

System OverVoltage Control: Manual

DDR2 OverVoltage Control: 0.2v

DDR2 DeOverVoltage Control: Normal

PCI-E OverVoltage Control: Normal

FSB OverVoltage Control: Normal

FSB DeOverVoltage Control: Normal

(G)MCH OverVoltage Control: Normal

(G)MCH DeOverVoltage Control: Normal

Now, I know what each one does, apart from the DeOverVoltage Controls, are they the equivelant to, GTL refs or anything? or is it to keep the voltage as close to the set votlage as possible, vdrop control and stuff?

Also, I am currently at 430 x 10, bench stable at the moment, using 1.325v. However, I can't boot at 435x10 using 1.33750v, you think i need more volts or the nb needs more voltage?

system is in sig btw

Peter.

hi. this being my first post i at occ. i believe anything above 400mhz depending on the motherboard as most are different normally requires a voltage increase on the northbridge. push it up a notch and stress test. use intel linpack for that. the deovervolatge is something to do with decreasing the voltage of the modular circuits on your gigabyte board. check this thread out http://forums.hardwaresecrets.com/gigabyte...p=8482#post8482. hope thi helps ya.

Hi,

In my BIOS MIT section, when in control and F1 to get more options i get 3 extra voltage options (bold ones)

System OverVoltage Control: Manual

DDR2 OverVoltage Control: 0.2v

DDR2 DeOverVoltage Control: Normal

PCI-E OverVoltage Control: Normal

FSB OverVoltage Control: Normal

FSB DeOverVoltage Control: Normal

(G)MCH OverVoltage Control: Normal

(G)MCH DeOverVoltage Control: Normal

Now, I know what each one does, apart from the DeOverVoltage Controls, are they the equivelant to, GTL refs or anything? or is it to keep the voltage as close to the set votlage as possible, vdrop control and stuff?

Also, I am currently at 430 x 10, bench stable at the moment, using 1.325v. However, I can't boot at 435x10 using 1.33750v, you think i need more volts or the nb needs more voltage?

system is in sig btw

Peter.