E8500 Stuck Sensors O.o

gablain

Hello occ, my first thread here !

So i made a build about a month ago with an e8500Eo. My core temps, idle @ 4ghz 1,29 vcore, are 35-38 (speedfan) and (43-40)speedfan.

Now when i start a cpu test (either prime 95 or occt) i get zero sensor movement, and therefore my temps are not rising at all. However, my cpu temps are varrying. In speedfan or PCprobe 2, i get about 17C idle and 35C load.

When running the New Occt test ( I dont remember the name, i finally get some sensor movement.

My question is, are the temps displayed my occt reliable ?

And also, how much can i rely on CPU temperature (not core temperature) displayed by speed fan ?

Thank you !

post-65365-1233790191_thumb.png

post-65365-1233790195_thumb.png

Edited by gablain

Hello occ, my first thread here !

So i made a build about a month ago with an e8500Eo. My core temps, idle @ 4ghz 1,29 vcore, are 35-38 (speedfan) and (43-40)speedfan.

Now when i start a cpu test (either prime 95 or occt) i get zero sensor movement, and therefore my temps are not rising at all. However, my cpu temps are varrying. In speedfan or PCprobe 2, i get about 17C idle and 35C load.

When running the New Occt test ( I dont remember the name, i finally get some sensor movement.

My question is, are the temps displayed my occt reliable ?

And also, how much can i rely on CPU temperature (not core temperature) displayed by speed fan ?

Thank you !

I am not sure if this will help or not but you may want to try using RealTemp - it has a 'Sensor Test' utility that will give you an indication whether your sensors are moving or not. It requires prime95 - sounds like you have that already. CoreTemp is another good tool to try as well.

As to whether you can rely on Speedfan's CPU temperature, I'm wondering that myself! I get odd results with it - for example, after a long prime95 test, my core temps will be normal, but speedfan's CPU temperature will be something crazy like 115 or something. After a reboot it will come down to 30 or so, which seems a little suspicious to me :glare:

Good luck!

I already tried with core temp and real temp :( and i get zero sensor movement. Cpu temperature seems to be the only thing that varies, unless i use occt new test.

Hmmm - how about Everest - have you tried that? Also, have a look here: http://www.sudhian.com/index.php?/forums/v.../101642/#905632 - its a good guide to setting up and understanding speedfan. And this guide here: http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/221745-2...mperature-guide, which helped me understand some of the values the sensors were reading.

I don't know that those links will help you with your sensors, but they may help you narrow down the problem. After all, it seems strange that one program (OCCT) shows sensor movement for you and the others don't. They certainly helped me understand why I was getting an odd CPU reading from time to time; it looks like it was an anomaly since the majority of the time the CPU temperature is a good 10C less than Core temps (which is expected) even after running prime95 for 15 hours.

Anyway - hope this helps!