Can You Help Me Pass 4.2 On My E8500 E0?

shaolin95

Hey dude,

My E0 E8500 is good to about 4.45ghz with 1.4v BIOS.

My 24/7 settings, as per my sig, are 4.3GHz (452MHz x9.5) with 1.35v in BIOS, droops to about 1.32 - 1.33 under load on P5Q Pro with loadline calibration enabled. Your cooler should be sufficient for the job, you won't get *much* higher with a better air cooler, just better temps.

Just a suggestion here - try setting your FSB to North Bridge Strap to 333MHz. Both me and my mate had issues overclocking this chip on Asus boards until we did this. Not sure what relevance it had, but seemed to help for some reason.

Hey dude,

My E0 E8500 is good to about 4.45ghz with 1.4v BIOS.

My 24/7 settings, as per my sig, are 4.3GHz (452MHz x9.5) with 1.35v in BIOS, droops to about 1.32 - 1.33 under load on P5Q Pro with loadline calibration enabled. Your cooler should be sufficient for the job, you won't get *much* higher with a better air cooler, just better temps.

Just a suggestion here - try setting your FSB to North Bridge Strap to 333MHz. Both me and my mate had issues overclocking this chip on Asus boards until we did this. Not sure what relevance it had, but seemed to help for some reason.

I will give that a try...thanks!