Help Overclocking The Q6600 Processor

1nfinity

SLACR 2.40 GHz Q6600 4 1066 MHz 65 nm G0 8 MB LGA775 05A

SL9UM 2.40 GHz Q6600 4 1066 MHz 65 nm B3 8 MB LGA775 05B

he had a typo on his first post...

You should be fine with your stock volts, try staying at stock volts/speeds and drop the multi down and raise the FSB like 300MHz with an 8x multi...

I'm about to give up. I tried increasing the CPU voltage to 1.4v, but I can't get past 2.5GHz. I did not mess with the NB and SB voltages.

I don't know what else to try.

Have you strapped your memory yet? You can't leave it at auto with that board (or most others) when you raise your fsb. You have to select a multiplier for the memory to keep it within spec when you raise your front side bus. After you get your CPU OC'd, then we can talk about what you might be able to get out of your memory, but it is not advisable to try to OC both CPU and Memory at the same time and expect results.

When you raise your front side bus, you are overclocking pretty much everything (cpu, memory pcie bus, pci bus, - you name it, you are overclocking it). You need to strap your memory and probably your pcie bus. The memory will be done with a multiplier value, the pcie will need to be locked at 100hz. If you haven't read this sticky http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=71656 , then you need to. You will learn most of what you need to know there to at least get you started.

Edited by six