WTB 1GB/2GB (2x1024) Dual Channel Kit (Low latency & no Value Ram)

AlexC

Hi,

I'm interested in purchasing a 1GB module (not 2x512MB) of DDR RAM with good speed and quality. I'm not looking for the best of the best but something decent for some OC.

Some of the options I'm considering are (in no special order):

• Mushkin HP3200 @2-3-2-6 (2.6V - 2.8V)
  • Corsair XMS3200 @2-3-3-6 (2.75V)
  • G.Skill F1-3200USU1 @2.5-3-3-6 (2.5 - 2.7V)
  • OCZ 4001024ELGEGXT @2-3-3-8 (2.8V)
  • GeIL GL1GB3200UP @2-6-3-3 (2.55V - 2.95V)
  • Kingston KHX3200A/1G @2-3-2-6 (2.6V)
  • PQI 3200-1024SBL @2-3-2-5 (2.6V)

If you have any of these in mint condition (no errors) and you're willing to send it overseas (Spain) please answer in this thread or send me a PM with your sales offer.

Many thanks,

Regards

Alex

May I ask why you only want 1GB stick. Looking at your rig in the sig and the GPU you like to play games. And with games in mind you should go for 2GB of dual channel memory! This is just mine opinion! :)

I guess you're right but I've just spent a lot of money in the last 2 months purchasing the MoBo, the Graphic Card, the CPU and I still have to purchase a good PSU so I'm looking into a single 1GB RAM so that in another 2-3 months I can purchase the other one.

btw. What exactly is the difference in Dual Channel or Single Channel? Does it have much to do with the Yellow or Orange slots in the MoBo?

I guess you're right but I've just spent a lot of money in the last 2 months purchasing the MoBo, the Graphic Card, the CPU and I still have to purchase a good PSU so I'm looking into a single 1GB RAM so that in another 2-3 months I can purchase the other one.

btw. What exactly is the difference in Dual Channel or Single Channel? Does it have much to do with the Yellow or Orange slots in the MoBo?

You get more bandwidth etc. no need to explain it all. just Google single channel vs. dual channel and you can read about it. Meanwhile if you change your mind I got some kit for sale. Just click on the link and check it out http://www.diy-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=46169 :)

After thinking a bit about it I will also take 2GB kits (2x1024) in consideration.

To make it easier I will post the options that will best suit my needs and specially my budget ;)

- Mushkin HP3200 2GB Dual Channel Kit - P/N: 991434

- OCZ PC3200 Titanium XTC 2GB Dual Channel Kit - P/N: OCZT4002GK

- Corsair XMS3200 2GB Dual Channel Kit - P/N: TwinX2048 3200C2

- GSkill F1-3200USU2-2GBHS - P/N: F1-3200USU2-2GBHS

Other brands (GeIL, Patriot, PQI, Crucial, etc...) either don't have 2GB Dual Channel kits in their range (as far as I know) or are not so popular (TeamGroup, Buffalo, TwinMOS, AData, VData, Centon, etc...). I want to stick to well-known brands.