Error code 92

Well 7F comes after hard drives are detected so you should have something on the screen right? Can you get into the BIOS to change RAM timings to make it more stable?

This was done with a minimal set up. CPU, video card, one stick of memory. No HD is hooked up. Monitor shows no signal.

What's really frustrating is this board is almost a duplicate of an Abit AN8-32X. Same chip set. I used everything from that system on this one. With the Abit it was POST, change the date in the BIOS, reboot. Run the Windows CD, hit F6, feed it the ULI M1575 drivers from a floppy, remove he floppy when asked, & then let Windows finish its install. There was never a hardware issue. I guess I'm just spoiled by how easy it is to set up an Abit board.

I'm just going by this:

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=62454

7F is quite a ways down in the list, and there should really be video output at that point. 29 is when the board invokes your card's video BIOS and by 2D it's already printing information on the screen.

Can you try your other video card and see if it works any better?

After working on this for a couple of days I got the BIOS screen to come up with a 6600GT card in place. I then got it to work with the X1950. It says Award BIOS v6.OOPG on the screen.

I now have a floppy disk fail warning on the screen. I have the BIOS set with the FDC enabled, & to look for FD on start up enabled. I ran the XP CD, F6 to add the ULI drivers, but it keeps asking tor the drivers again.

When I hit F6 the FD light comes on & I can hear it running. It then stops & the light goes out. The screen says to try loading the FD again.

Well so far so good huh?

Ok this floppy thing is a bit weird, I know it's working better than when I connect the cable backwards so it can't be that, is it set on the first BIOS page to 1.44MB? Don't know what happens if you pick the wrong one but maybe this.

With the floppy disk fail warning it doesn't look at your disk whether there is one in there or not, so if the above doesn't solve it look for another drive and/or cable to try.

Well so far so good huh?

Ok this floppy thing is a bit weird, I know it's working better than when I connect the cable backwards so it can't be that, is it set on the first BIOS page to 1.44MB? Don't know what happens if you pick the wrong one but maybe this.

With the floppy disk fail warning it doesn't look at your disk whether there is one in there or not, so if the above doesn't solve it look for another drive and/or cable to try.

If the cable is backward it keeps the light constantly on for the floppy. I set both settings on the BIOS page to 1.44 & changed the cable. Next up is to swap out the floppy drive itself.

I think I have this pretty much isolated to the floppy disks, floppy drive, & cable being okay, but the data is not being retained or reaching where it is supposed to go. FWIW, I tried 3 different sources for the ULI RAID drivers.

I think I have this pretty much isolated to the floppy disks, floppy drive, & cable being okay, but the data is not being retained or reaching where it is supposed to go. FWIW, I tried 3 different sources for the ULI RAID drivers.

With Jason's help we isolated it to a bad FDC. One of the memory slots was also questionable, & the ULI BIOS was a little flaky. I RMA'd the board, & shipped it back last night. Hopefully I get a solid board back.