Timmay's WC'ed Stacker

Guest Timmay_merged

I have this thread on XS and OCAU, but I thought I might post this here for the good people on The Street.

17-12-06

This is a build in progress.

--------------------

I have the system in my sig and I'm looking at going water, I will be keeping my system until Conroe is dirt cheap (thank you almost released Quad Cores) and then I would look at changing my CPU block. My GPU will stay (maybe a slightly more powerful one around Xmas NOT G80 though - until they release 8600's ect).

I will be moving to a CM Stacker 810 (cant get the dual PSU one in NZ).

My current setup looks like:

This

and

This

Set up would be:

• DD TDX - S939 - Have
  • BIX 3 Rad - Have
  • MC655 Pump - Have
  • Maze 4 - Have
  • 1/2 Tubing - Have
  • DD Fill Port - Have
  • Hose Clamps - Have
  • Sunbeam Rheobus - Have
  • 3 x 120mm Fans - Have
  • CM Stacker 810 - Have

--------------------

So far I have finally tracked down the right screws for the RAD + Fans...

They are attached and I have done the cables.

RAD + Fan's:

radshotjb7.th.jpg

Pump:

pumpqp0.th.jpg

Cheers to Crosby for sending these parts over from AUS

TDX:

tdxsa2.th.jpg

She is a little dirty, Will clean it when I have the correct stuff.

Maze 4:

maze4ew2.th.jpg

This is the full height block not the 1/2 height, I love double spaced PCi-E slots

Fill Port:

fillportcd5.th.jpg

There are Tygon tubes, T-Line joiners and hose clamps. I'm putting down a Dremel for my self so I can do the cutting.

I got someone over on XS to line me up a 360 RAD on the roof of a stacker to see what it looks like: Here, And Here, just a note that mine will be inside and the tubes will be on the other end (towards the front of the case).

19-12-06

I got the stacker today :sweat:

th_Stacker1.jpg

Here is a shot with the RAD lined up, With a bit of luck (and removing the top rear 120mm fan) I wont have to cut under the Plastic piece on the roof...

th_radonstack.jpg

When I get to go down to the Hardware store I will get some sand paper and get rid of the sharp edges from the Fans and I will grind off the points on the screws.

Guest RohypnoL

Is there any difference between the Maze4 (Or Maze5) low profile / regular profile blocks in performance?

TBH I'm not sure, The only reason I went with the "full" height one is because I have double spaced PCI-E slots anway so it doesn't matter.

I have this thread on XS and OCAU, but I thought I might post this here for the good people on The Street.

Can you post that link? I have my OCAU account :)

Btw, very nice Stacker... this case hasn't gone bad yet, I have the black one and might buy the silver one :tooth:

22-12-06

I decided to try a front mount today because I have the time off work...

First I needed to do the transplant.

th_Transplant.jpg

After everything was in it was time to measure up the loop and chop it up.

th_loop.jpg

Getting the Rad to stand up in the front of the machine was easy... Ever heard how much I love cable ties?

th_lovecablets.jpg

The Rad fitted and secured.

th_frontrad.jpg

And the loop finally installed - minus the RAM and Sound Card.

I also pushed the hard drive tray back in the Case and fitted it behind where one of the fans blow from the RAD, it gets some nice airflow.

th_setuploop.jpg

I've had a short go at Prim95 on both cores, under the Scythe it would pull around 57*C on core 1 and 2, now under water its sitting at 45*C with only TWO of the fans running and at HALF speed

I will get more shots later, I just need to clean up one hell of a mess in the living room!

very nice - i have another way to hold the Rad in place standing in the front of a Case - i just installed mines in the front of my TT full case standing up front and what i used to hold it in place was Velco - i put it on the bottom and on top with Velco under my dvd drive right over the Rad and it holds in place so tight - nothing will move it - turned out to work very good - no tie wraps etc. - i am going to change my front fans since the ones i used are low Cfm - and this time i wont screw them in - i will use small pieces of velco on each corner of the fans to hold them in front of the Rad so in case i have to change them - it would be easy - now i have them screwed in and guess what - i cant get to the bottom two screws because its close to the front and i have to cut a small part of the case inside to get to the screws now - its not a big deal - but better with out them now -

also - i noticed everyone runs there loop from the Rad to the Cpu - which makes sense - i think i am the only one who followed the guide and what DD told me to do - which was go from the Pump to Cpu then Gpu and back in to Rad and out of Rad to the Pump - thats what DD told me and the guide says that also - yet i think it may be better the other way around :) all well - my first WC setup -

my fans are too slow and are not cooling as good as i expected - i hope with the new fans - it will drop the temps down a bit more - i will post some pics of my System as soon as i get some time to download the pics and resize - i still have to tie a few more wires up and add a spot fan for the board -

Guest RohypnoL

Got my Maze 5s today, regular profile and they fit just fine in single spaced slots if anyone else was wondering.

The motherboard looks small inside the case with out the PSU on top :D

What fans are you using on the radiator? I was thinking they need to be silent or speed controlled so you don't suffer from the noise, which can be set to minimal I guess.

Looks nice.

I have the same case and am looking to go water by spring or whenever the tax refund comes.

I was also considering mounting the rad up front, but am also toying with the idea of moving the PSU down to the bottom of the case and mounting the rad up top after cutting some holes.

The CM stacker is a nice, large case, but it is heavy like a mofo...which is why I refer to it as "The Beast" in my sig.

Quite a change from my last case, a Antec Lanboy.

Hey, BSG fan :)

Indeed the Stacker is heavy, "like a mofo", but its not going to move a lot then its perfect. There are people who go to LAN's a lot, I mean A LOT!, but others like me who have a second smaller system for those purposes... or just not go to LAN's at all.

I remember reading a Stacker review with a picture of a guy mounted on the stacker... the thing is sturdy, no wonder where all the weight comes from.

I can agree with that, once I had the water parts in there and I layed my case down I had to get it back up again - sigh. But my case never moves anywhere so it can be as heavy as it wants.