Which bios for Athlon64 X2

Ixon

I recently sold my 3700+ that did 2.9Ghz near stock volts, & bought a X2 3800+ all I can manage out of it stable is 2.5ghz which I feel is abit of a letdown considering the stepping is a good one that does so called 2.8Ghz over at XS.

I've managed to get it to run at 2.7Ghz with only 1.488V but not quite stable even when sticking more volts into it.

Now I found the problem to be down to the dividers lower that the 166 dividers don't seem to work with the X2 properly that did with my 3700+ which help me to get to 2.9Ghz with ease because my memory only Corsair Value PC3200.

So now im thinking of changing the bios from the latest one that over at DFI to someother, but have no idea which one to use as there is to many.

So I want to know which bios have people found to be the best for overclocking the X2 with.

I recently sold my 3700+ that did 2.9Ghz near stock volts, & bought a X2 3800+ all I can manage out of it stable is 2.5ghz which I feel is abit of a letdown considering the stepping is a good one that does so called 2.8Ghz over at XS.

I've managed to get it to run at 2.7Ghz with only 1.488V but not quite stable even when sticking more volts into it.

Now I found the problem to be down to the dividers lower that the 166 dividers don't seem to work with the X2 properly that did with my 3700+ which help me to get to 2.9Ghz with ease because my memory only Corsair Value PC3200.

So now im thinking of changing the bios from the latest one that over at DFI to someother, but have no idea which one to use as there is to many.

So I want to know which bios have people found to be the best for overclocking the X2 with.

Take a read in the AMD overclocking thread and see what works best for others with your same MOBO and DDRAM configuration..It is that simple. You are asking a lot from Value RAM..is not made for overclocking.