3 LEDs, beeps and no image on boot.

well that seams to be the problem lol He cant get into the bios

True..no DRAM detected no video..no real point in even trying another video card... is why I suggested the single stick trick..well he will probably read all this tomorrow and perhaps supply some information..

:)

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I can't even get past POST, never mind setting any voltages and whatnot in BIOS.

As for the generic DRAM, here's the label on it:

Elixir

512MB DDR-400MHz-CL3

PC3200U-30331

The chips themselves say:

Elixir 0642

N2DS51280Bs-5T

633233W1BF TW

AFAIK, the power cables are connected as per the manual's say-so. I've done this before several times, this is the first time I've ever really come across a problem :P The 24-pin, the 4-pin (in the area marked out in the manual) next to that, and the FDD connector above the top PCIe slot.

The stick itself is in the farthest slot from the CPU (anywhere else from it, it drops to two lights with no beeps).

Regardless, before heading out tomorrow, I'll be plopping a stick of my GeIL in there, and see if that works.

Thanks for the suggestions and advice everyone - hope I can get this sorted :P (it's my next door neighbour's son's xmas present >_>)

Off to bed now, but if there's any more info that could help you in diagnosing it, please let me know :)

Cheers

I should of know every time i see the name Elixir im skin cruls. get rid of that stuff

Elixir

512MB DDR-400MHz-CL3

PC3200U-30331k

should be 2.3 - 2.7 v

CAS 3

TRC 3

TRP 3

TRAS 7

CMD Rate 1T

when you try it first..use your hiper 580 PSU... DFI boards are power hungry and definitely don't like generic PSUs .

Gah. Fails to two lights with a 1GB GeIL Value stick in, no beeps. And a cleared CMOS.

This has to be the fussiest MoBo I've ever come into contact with, and I thought my SLI-DR Expert in my main rig was a classy lady :P

Try the Geil stick in the second and the first DIMM slots (they are closest to the CPU. see PG.27, 28 and 29 of your manual) Please post your results.

Two LEDs mean that DRAM was detected but your GFX card was not detected. If on placement of the DRAM in the DIMM slot is succesPnP/PCI csful and you get into the BIOS make sure that in the configuration screen (PG 79 and 95 of the manual) that you have PCIEx selected in the INIT Display First section.

Buena Suerte

WRONG 1 & 2 Is the farthest from the CPU

Ok..is stiill slots 1 and 2 anyway

Please do offer more solutions so we can get on with helping him out. Disagreeing in ways that are not civil does not help anyone out.

OK.. it sounds like time for ExRoadie's procedure. go to this link in the forum and everything in the post precisely as it says. The only thing that might be different is where your power cords are. Here is the post by ExRoadie..

You are going to have to do this with your known good DRAM stick.

Right, done that on a 24 hour CMOS clear. Followed the steps and everything.

Still dead as a doormat, with the Hiper 580W PSU, and my GeIL. Also tried it with the 380W and the generic RAM. Still dead. Methinks it's borked.

Right, done that on a 24 hour CMOS clear. Followed the steps and everything.

Still dead as a doormat, with the Hiper 580W PSU, and my GeIL. Also tried it with the 380W and the generic RAM. Still dead. Methinks it's borked.

Ok.. you know the GEIL DRAM works ( DRAM Power LED and the Standby power LED are lit, right?)

The Hiper PSU works

It is a shame that you did not get a better PSU..like an OCZ. Do you have a mate who has one you can use for a short time to test your MOBO?

Do a minimum build

1) PSU - make sure all power connectors are connected

2) DRAM installed in one of the two DDR slots closest to CPU

3) No floppy

4) No DVD or CD drive

5) PS/2 keyboard connected to MOBO

Last step..your CPU from your other RIG.. if it is an Athlon 64 socket 939..can you try it in this MOBO with the GEIL DRAM?

You will have to do Load Defaults by using CMOS Clear jumper, turn off computerand then install CPU before powering on.

If these steps does not work then I would agree that your MOBO is borked and time to request a RMA.

RMA request can be done here through RGONE or Happy Games.

Please post the results.

Cheers

:)