No Response from RMA'd board

well it booted up the first time. YAY thanks for the help guys.

now the only problem is any time it tries to boot from anything (hard drive, cd-rom) it beeps once and starts over .... goign to look around some more to see what the solution to this one is.

Guest Kobalt
well it booted up the first time. YAY thanks for the help guys.

now the only problem is any time it tries to boot from anything (hard drive, cd-rom) it beeps once and starts over .... goign to look around some more to see what the solution to this one is.

Does it reboot before the 'verifying DMI pool' (after it lists IRQs and HD info and stuff? )Then reboots, and does it again..and again if you leave it alone?

Probably memory timings. Is everything stock (no OC and no over volt)? Put one stick of RAM in the outer orange slot, boot into the BIOS and load optimized defaults.

Then reboot, go back into the BIOS and set your RAM timings.

I'm glad the PSU fixed the problem...You owe me a dollar. ;)

yes everything is stock. i've just pulled one stick of ram, im going to check corsair's site to check because i think that the ram wants 2.75v whereas default is 2.6 or 2.5

Make sure the one stick is in the outside orange slot- closest to the edge of the board.

well thanks so much for the help. while i was looking at the voltages, i remembered that even though DFI specificied that ram goes in the orange slots. mine always only worked in the YELLOW slots!!! i poped it into the yellow.... and presto it didn't reboot

thanks so much all who have given me advice today. Espically DragonTattooz. i'll hand you that dollar in person. just stop by next time your in hollywood

Guest Kobalt
well thanks so much for the help. while i was looking at the voltages, i remembered that even though DFI specificied that ram goes in the orange slots. mine always only worked in the YELLOW slots!!! i poped it into the yellow.... and presto it didn't reboot

thanks so much all who have given me advice today. Espically DragonTattooz. i'll hand you that dollar in person. just stop by next time your in hollywood

So RAM in the ORANGE slots caused that reboot loop? Strange!