power led blink codes?

hi! i've tried to use the search function but didn't find exactly what I was looking for so i'll make a new thread.

I have the infinity nf4x with a sapphire x1900gt. it worked for a couple of days, but as I was overclocking to find my max memory speeds, during one fateful reboot, there was no more video. no sweat, i thought, so I reset the cmos for a few seconds. but the video never came back. I tried a basic PCI graphics card and everything worked fine (except I don't want a rage IIC on a daily basis driving a 1680x1050 lcd...)

now, when I try to power up the system with the x1900gt in the slot, all I see is the power LED blink about 10 times or so and then stay solid on. the system still beeps and the fans spin, but there is no video. what do you think is up? I even tried updating the bios to no avail.

any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know if this works but I was told if you hold the ctrl key down during boot it will reset the bios in the GPU to default clock speeds. everytime I have overclocked a video card to high and ran it then tried to reboot and got the beep and the blank screen it usualy meant the card was screwed. I don't mean to freak you out but this has been my experience.

thanks glipse, but that's not what i'm looking for. the infinity nf4x does not have the 4-led diagnostic system. the only thing i see blinking is the Power LED. there is no audible beep tone either, like if i try to start up the computer without RAM installed or a graphics card.

fabe: i'll try holding down control while booting. do i need to use a PS2 keyboard for that kind of thing, or is a USB also good? as a note, i haven't overclocked the graphics card yet when this happened...i was only tweaking my system memory speeds.

He means to bypass overclocked GPU settings for CTRL. CTRL puts the GPU speeds back to stock settings at boot for Nvidia cards.

Oh cool.. something to jot down. :)