Vantec Iceberq BOILING! HELP!

Gak

It sure sounds like it didn't mount correctly. I know others have used that cooler, and report that it is 5C+ better than the stock.

I even bothered to lap the cooler and polish it ...

I even applied pressure to the cooler for some time... (Now imagine a guy 10 minutes with his hands sticked into the computer and staring at the screen (monitoring temps)...)

I do believe it can produce temps 5Cº lower than stock cooler, but to do so it will have to be louder! I could manage to get good temps as i said, but it would do to much noise.

At an acceptable level of noise it would give me higher temps... Now imagine... At full load (that is how the computer always is (crunching Rosetta) and with the case closed i get around 44/47 (depending on ambient temp (day/night)), with the Vantec i was getting 47 degrees (in the afternoon) idling...

Full load it would easily go past 50Cº. And for me thats no good to a 24/7 rig...

DFI bios does have options to control fans, however they are very limited...

We can only manage to get the fans to spin at a certain speed or full load...

For instace my Zalman 7000B.

I could only manage (and i tried alot of configs) to get to work around the following rpm's:

- the lowest possible

- +/- 1600 rpms

- full speed

Same applies to chipset...

It is very difficult to get to a half way in throttling the fans...

Not to mention that my chip7 has been endangered today a couple of times... I really like Vantec's aftermarket look with my DFI however it simply doesn't do the job...

Spent 14€ for nothing...

:sad:

Long time ago i remeber to have had a computer wich i couldn't hear three meters away...

:sad: :sad: :sad: :sad:

I wonder if anyone would buy me an Evercool (i would instantly pay trough paypal or wire transfer or something else) and ship it to Portugal... I would give a reward!

:)