Best Bios for DFI NF3 Lanparty Ultra-d?

Hey people!

I'm new here... i had before an Abit AV8 board with my current config... but the board has too many bugs and the overclocking was not stable.... so i've decided to give a try to the DFI Nforce 3 board.... I need to know, what is the best bios to overclock an athlon 64 with the venice core... or is there any modded bios?

Is You do find a modded bios, let me know too. I'm using newest beta for my opteron 148, and it works really fine!

For a venice core, I'd go with bios 7/11. I'm using it now with the setup below and its solid. I can get a very high oc (in my opinion). the 7/xx bioses are the most stable for venic cores.

Hey Neo,

What temp r u getting with the zalman cooler @ idle and @ full load?

Thanks

Hey people!

I'm new here... i had before an Abit AV8 board with my current config... but the board has too many bugs and the overclocking was not stable.... so i've decided to give a try to the DFI Nforce 3 board.... I need to know, what is the best bios to overclock an athlon 64 with the venice core... or is there any modded bios?

705 or 711 BIOS has worked well, for many here with venice cores. I would suggest you check the tweeks sticky, as their is a lot of good information about some of the better BIOS for this board.

http://www.dfi-street.com/forum/showthread.php?t=17498

Good luck, and welcome to the Street...

I'm sorry nikki, but i think we dont have the same board... you have the socket 754?

Actually, if u look at my Sig, you will notice I have 2 different mobos, s754 and s939. I run my opteron S939 with this NF3 Ultra-d.

Beta bios is found from dfi:s pages, download, select mobo, and down of the page is beta site, where U can download beta's.

But still Betas are betas, so DFI doesn't promise 100% stable for the beta's if I understood correctly, so use them at you'r own risk!!!

39 idle

45 load,

but honestly I don't believe these are the real temps. The cpu tempeture will fluctuate very sporatically. I am however 24 hour prime stable at the settings in my sig so it doesn't appear that the core is to hot.

39 idle

45 load,

but honestly I don't believe these are the real temps. The cpu tempeture will fluctuate very sporatically. I am however 24 hour prime stable at the settings in my sig so it doesn't appear that the core is to hot.

Have you tried yellow slots? I'm running mushkin/ocz at yellow and they work better on yellow than orange.

Have you tried yellow slots? I'm running mushkin/ocz at yellow and they work better on yellow than orange.

This motherboard has been tested to work with OCZ DDR Booster up to 3.6V on DIMM 4. Users are recommended to install BH-5 and TCCD based modules on the “orange slots” for maximum stability and overclockability. However, users with Hynix D43 modules would have to use “yellow slots” to run 1T at 250MHz and above. ;)