4x512 pc4000 redline problems

they ran fine for like a month and a half with all sticks in at 260 mhz, 3.3v, 2t, 2-2-2-6. then i had to take one set out to build a comp and when i put it back in it hasn't worked since. No divider needed.

This last time i tried them all i set all that with one set in, and the divider so they would be running at 166mhz right off the get go, just so i could see if it worked and that is when it all went down hill. It booted and then stalled on the very first screen when it was detecting my cpu.

hello,

i been reading your problems and for starters why are u running 4x512?2 gigs are the most u want out of your comp?3.3 volts rofl(ahh the redlines =)rma them and get the ocz 2 gig kit pc 3200 platium $250 with $30 rebate=$110 each gig stick(i have 2 of these kits=4 gigs)and once u recieve them u will see something really strange happen :nod: they will run at 1:1 400mhz cas 2-3-2-5 or 4 gigs like me cas 2-3-2-7 ,t1 for 2 gig kits and t2 for full 4 gigs running at nice 2.6 volts in true dual channel mode without any problems.im really still confused what ppl get out of 4x512 sticks with redlines needing 3.3 volts and there supposed to run smooth... :confused:

and btw man clock per cycle should be enabled(when running 4 dimm modules t1 is no more,enabling this options make them t2)

drma interleave-enabled

tras 7-10

trc 7-10

try those settings if not rma em :nod: its like saying why wont my 2 4cyl engines i grafted together run like a single v8?hmmmmmmmmmm

2 gigs is more than enough... I dunno what your doing with your PC, xtremegamer but I never use more than a gig of memory. I like my redlines, but I wouldnt go with 4x512, If I wanted to upgrade to 2 gigs I'd go with the new mushkin XP4000 2 gb dual pack. Redline performance at standard voltages... which is nice not to have to cool them so much :)

As far as I'm concerned memory is all about quality, not quantity, I'd rather 1 gig of ram with higher freq and tighter timings than 2 gigs of slower memory :)

Mushkin of course has the lifetime warranty so if they arent working, RMA em :)