About to pull the trigger on a

Renigade

The camera should keep a log automatically and save the info on the photo itself. So when you open it on the computer or unpload it on flickr, the settings you used will show up.

(At least, that's how it is on my D3100)

so a Paid hosting / storage account a must? I have a website and could create a photopage with coppermine. Or does flicker offer something extra or special?

BTW OCC ever get an app for iPhone/Android?

Was at a party last Christmas and saw a guy who had an opaque looking solo cup looking thing attached to his flash.

Whats that all about? Defusers only used indoors or low light situations?

Colored diffuser, dont worry about that stuff, you don't need it. And if you do get to the level that you do you will know what your after. The flash on that camera should be sufficient for you unless you plan to shoot past 100-150mm focal length.

so a Paid hosting / storage account a must? I have a website and could create a photopage with coppermine. Or does flicker offer something extra or special?

The info is embedded in the photo, like how album info is embedded into an mp3 file. You'll see it simply by going into the properties->details of the photo.