Corsair Special Edition White Graphite Series 600T Review

I'd be willing to scrape up a couple of fans and stick them in the mesh insert and see what kind of differences I observe, but I'd need to make sure that's ok. But Fogel, I'm fairly confident that even with 2 fans there, it would drastically reduce GPU and northbridge temperatures! And yes - the mesh panel is basically 240mm square, so that's how you can squeeze the four 120mm fans on there.

I agree that testing with the mesh panel would have been nice, but as you said, it'd introduce too many variables. That is why cases are tested as-delivered. There was no fan supplied by Corsair for the side panel, so Comp would have had to use his own fan. It may have been good to see if cooling would improve with the mesh panel as one would expect, but beyond that, you couldn't really take anything away from the actual numbers.

Ya and that is why I stated I completely understand. Only reason I even took the time to write that comment is because, 1) I bought the case and 2) Mesh Panel durability = low.

I'd be willing to scrape up a couple of fans and stick them in the mesh insert and see what kind of differences I observe, but I'd need to make sure that's ok. But Fogel, I'm fairly confident that even with 2 fans there, it would drastically reduce GPU and northbridge temperatures! And yes - the mesh panel is basically 240mm square, so that's how you can squeeze the four 120mm fans on there.

That would be Awesome! I mostly curious because you confirmed what many reviews on newegg stated - the mesh panel is not built well enough to be inserted, removed and re-inserted multiple times. So I would really hate to ruin the mesh panel for insignificant gains. I definitely prefer the window so if I can get away just using the window I will ...although the temps in your test didn't seem too bad.

Stuff like removing the upper HDD cage so that the front panel 200mm fan has more effect I don't mind testing myself and in fact I may do that anyway if I can get away with it since I will only be doing a SSD and a backup HDD.

Also I might have to hit up Llowes/HomeDepot and see if there is some thin weathering stripping that might help with the window creaking.

Edited by Fogel