Question: CPU and Northbridge Chipset Huge-Heatsink and Liquid Cooler

Hi! :no:

I wanna know why manufacturers dont build such "Modular" Cpu Cooler who has Huge Heatsink and at the same time Liquid Cooler :woot:. Liquid Cooler could be optional if the user dont want it - just remove the liquid cooler parts - same thing for the northbridge chipset cooler parts. Saw huge heatsink that under it could still place a liquid cooler part in it. It is supposed to be great if they do (you know it is year 2013 - way to think much :rolleyes: ). Should be expensive but still a lot of people could still afford it. Modular - dont want huge heatsink replace it with small heatsink or remove it all - it tube diameter is small replace it with bigger one. Or should be build it by request.

(Sigh.. :wacko: )

mia :no:

'Ey Lab Rat 2. :no:

Maybe i am wrong for what i mean for modular but something like can used both huge heatsink and liquid cooler :wub:   or can use heatsink only or can use liquid cooler only.

Parts:

1. cpu cooler base :woot:

2. cpu huge heatsink - can attached/detached to cpu cooler base

3. cpu liquid cooler- can attached/detached to cpu cooler base

4. northbridge chipset cooler base

5. northbridge chipset huge heatsink - can attached/detached to northbridge chipset cooler base

6. northbridge chipset liquid cooler- can attached/detached to northbridge chipset cooler base

7. some other parts like tubes, screws, etc.

1 to 7 are in single package when you bought it.

Placing of base / heatsink are not limited from which direction (like north - east - west - south side).

I am quite sure it is possible (i had ideas on my mind :wub: ) but impractical for some/most builders/manufacturers.

Got talked already to number of techs in my place. Most of them "just" agreed - like uninterested also.

mia :no:

I think the issue there is purely cost and performance. A good baseplate for a water block will be entirely different than a good base for a heatsink and vice versa.

That, and I don't think I've seen a northbridge/southbridge that needed additional cooling in quite a while. VRMs, yes, but those are usually cooled quite well on modern enthusiast boards.