Voltages fluctuate A LOT! Is this normal? (My first post here!)

Hello all! This is my first post here at DFI Street, but I have been reading the threads here quite often recently, since having bought an Infinity (my first DFI!).

Since this is my first DFI, I'm not very familiar with it's specific nuances and such. So any tips or advice on overclocking or bioses or anything at all, lay it on me!

My current setup is listed in my sig so I guess you can refer to that when I tell you my problem (if it is one at all):

Everytime I check my voltages either using the DFI hardware monitor or mbm5 or CPU-z, my voltages fluctuate quite a bit. For example, my 3.3v sometimes fluctuates from 3.39 to 4.00! And the vcore fluctuates around 1.77 to 1.81, but is below 1.8 most of th time. The other voltages don't seem to fluctutate as much. Is this normal for a DFI board or the Winbond sensors? I've only ever had Abit, Asus or Gigabyte. I don't remember much about the asus or gig, but my last board was an Abit and the voltages rarely fluctuated.

Thanks in advance for any help, because I'm sure I'll have many more questions to come.

Hobag

software monitors never work right. The only way to see what is really happening is to get a voltage meter and check everything for yourself. That will give you your true readings. Anyone will tell you, never trust software voltage readings.

The Vcore reading is notorious for being inaccurate and fluctuates wildly. In reality its pretty stable.

My 3.3v line reading on my board(and others i've seen) is pretty stable and is always around the 3.3v mark, which indicates to me that you may have some issues with your PSU?

Anyway, software isn't the best or most accurate way to take readings you'd be better off buying a Digital Multimeter(they aren't that expensive) and checking them out with that.