Home-made Water Cooling

Borisw37

I finally got the time and started building my water cooling system. Right now i am making a reservuar using 1/4" plexiglass (that thing is going to be bullet proof :) )

I have encoutered a problem. I need to somehow have the wire for the pump come out of the reservuar, and still be water tight...

The best idea i've got so far, is to cut off the plug, put the wire trhough a short piece of plastic tubing the smallest size that would fit around the wire, filled with sealant, and then glue the tube with a wire in it, to a hole drilled in plexi.

I also need to make an air tight yet removable lid.

Any sugestions on solving these problems would be appreciated.

Yeh, i will definately take pictures of this project. This is my first home-made water cooling system, so i am not sure how it will turn out. I dont think its going to be all home-made, i will probably buy the water block because i do not have access to a milling machine, or the skills to make my own. Since I have a job, and work over 50hrs/week, it will probably take me a while to complete the task. But i will definately post Pics when i am done.

Edit:

crap IT !!! I thought my brother had a digital camera, but he sold it. How am i going to take pictures now ??? :angry:

Edited by Borisw37

prolly called Kinkos.. its like everywhere.. if you need help with anything drop a line.. all of us will surely be helpful in expression our opinions.. and trying to help ya out!

Well i am still trying to figure what to do with the wire for the pump. I dont want to permanetly glue it into the side of the tank, in case i decide to change the pump, or something. So i need a way to get the wire outside the reservuar, so that its water tight, and removable....???

Please help.

Yeah exactly what I was going to say.. clear sillicon will do the trick... also should work for the lead. I would just take a small piece of polyurethane tubing and run it, through the cage of the pump housing, to the motor, sealed off with Clear Sillcon. Run that to the side of your tank and that's all you'd need to do. You'd have an air tight tunnel for the leads to come out of. Oh yeah don't forget to seal the hole in the plexi glass with clear sillicon around the diamater. You can do the above, or be a cobbler and just load Clear Sillicon on the leads directly at the pump, skip the tube, then repeat at the hole on the side of the tank. I would not reccomend the second way. Go to your hardware store to get Clear Sillicon.. Make sure to clean both surfaces quite thorougly with Isopropyl Alcohol (rubbing alcohol, 70% will do it) as clear sillicon can sometimes render itself not very adhesive... I would even go as far as slightly melting the tube to the silicon tank, motor, tube, get the point? lol... just use a blow torch or a wooden stick kitchen match thing.. .strike anywhere's always own...and basically that should work wonders for you man. I just ordered some Evercool water cooling kit.. I dunno.. it might be a POS.. I hope its ok. Thanks,

Mike