And now for another Question ;) Whats you favourite Firewall?

loggan26

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No firewall used here, as there's currently no need for it. When the need comes, hardware one it's going to be.

I'm surprised to see that someone actually uses FalseAlarm... erm, ZoneAlarm here where I'm used to see people having knowledge! :confused:

I can understand someone trying good ones like SPFP or KPF... or even Symantec/Norton bloatware, but ZA? :eek:

Shinobi, got any more info about "Look 'n' Stop"?

are any of these actually firewalls besides za or just anti-viruses??

I use netgear

They all are Firewalls!!!!!!!!!!, Its Called Norton Firewall O_o, and or Norton Security Center, same goes for McAffe, +firewall +etc. I understand perhaps you didn't know but watch the connotation please, I know what I am talking about, at least most of the time ;).

They all are Firewalls.....watch the connotation please, I know what I am talking about

Ok thanks! Was just curious! Didn't think Macafe or AVG had a firewall. Is this built right into the anti-virus, or is this a seperate program?

what does connotation mean?

They may be built in, however they are also seperate products, connotation is commonly used to suggest what a word means, since you worded you statement as a question , I did not know if you were belittling me (saying I am wrong etc) in being sarcastic, when I was right. but its as I said you most likely didin't know if they were or not, but they way you quote etc, heh seems sarcastic O_O. Anyhow I highly suggest AVG, from grisoft, its free, and very good. Norton is bloated but it does work for common annoying etc.

I've used Look 'n' Stop before, it's quite nice, must be purchased however. I don't use Windows software firewalls anymore though.

In that case I don't think I bother looking it. I just thought it could be better than most... and still be free. If I would install any type of commercial(*1) software firewall, it would be SPFP anyways...

(*1) Including shareware-, trial, etc. versions, but excluding any version with "extras" (read: ads and other annoyances).

I've used Look 'n' Stop before, it's quite nice, must be purchased however. I don't use Windows software firewalls anymore though.

Yeah it has to be purchased. They do offer a free 30 day trial though.

If your one of those who just wants to buy a firewall, install it and then let it manage itself and forget about it then i wouldn't recommend it. To get the very best out of it you have to spend some time learning how to set it up and manually configure it to your liking. Once you've got it setup though thats it :) I have my Ruleset backed up so when ever i do a fresh install its just a case of copying the Ruleset into the Look n Stop folder and loading it up.

You can even download extra Plugins fr additional features, or even make you own if you wish and know how.

I think one of the best free Firewalls available is Kerio.

Outpost comes highly recommended too, though that isn't free...