Sign in to follow this  
DevilDriver

can not run memtest lp ut nf3 250gb

I got my dfi lp nf3 250 in yesterday. got my rig built back to the way is should be and have been stability testing to make sure every thing is ok.

Ive ran superPI, occt, 3dmark 01-03, and have ran prime95 for a couple of hrs.

Last thing I had left was to run memtest for a bit so I knew I was stable.

now Ive hit a hurdle. I can not run memtest. Ive tryed running it from a boot disk, and Ive tryed using the version built into the bios.

Im including a pic of both. first pic is ran from boot disk. second is from bios setting. what could be going on?

just to make sure info is known.

Athlon 64 3400+ newcastle/ Lanparty UT NF3 250gb 5-4-05 bios/Mushkin Blue 2x512 @ 2.5-3-3-6/ 160g western digital hd/6600gt/ no oc of any kind.

Same thing happend to me using the 5-4 bios.... reflashed and the bios memtest worked ( until the next reboot ) . But running it from a floppy is working fine now.

well I was told that memtest doesnt like keyboard and mouse usb support enabled in bios. I changed them to disabled, set memtest to run, saved and rebooted.

now memtest is running just fine. so problem seems solved.

I'll just have to disable my kb and mouse when I want to use memtest and use the reset switch to reboot the machine.