Sign in to follow this  
Athlon64@2.6GHz

does A64 X2 3800+ has good overclock ability??

NJKid over at xtremesystems.org has hit 3.0 at about 1.5v. To me that is awesome. Some people can bump it up to 2600 or 2700 no problem, after that, you will probably need to remove the IHS and use water cooling. I have no doubt that this initial batch will have results all over the place, but as yields improve I think this chip has the ability to be a real screamer.

NJKid over at xtremesystems.org has hit 3.0 at about 1.5v. To me that is awesome. Some people can bump it up to 2600 or 2700 no problem, after that, you will probably need to remove the IHS and use water cooling. I have no doubt that this initial batch will have results all over the place, but as yields improve I think this chip has the ability to be a real screamer.

Yup.. he has one heck of a chip, Ive been following that thread..

I still want to see more results before I would consider the 3800 a good choice.. NJkid's results are a good start at least..

The 3800+ is not dual core do you mean the 4200+?

I have seen many review that the 4200+ hit about 2.7-2.8ghz.

Its dual core...

Guest capper5016

I had little problem hitting 2.7GHz on water with the X2 3800+. Although mine was a review sample, most of the forums I've checked have people hitting 2.6 - 2.7 pretty easily.

Here is my short review

Legit Reviews - The AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Processor Review

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=226

I had little problem hitting 2.7GHz on water with the X2 3800+. Although mine was a review sample, most of the forums I've checked have people hitting 2.6 - 2.7 pretty easily.

Here is my short review

Legit Reviews - The AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Processor Review

http://www.legitreviews.com/article.php?aid=226

Nice review, but I still don't think that I want a 63 bit processor, when so many 64 bit ones are available :)

Quote from article- "Today, AMD offers another option to those who are willing to pay $354 to have an AMD Athlon 63 X2 Dual-Core Processor."

--

Anybody want to buy a 3700+ San Diego for a pretty good price? Or, better yet, trade it for one of the new X2 processors?

CJ