does A64 X2 3800+ has good overclock ability??

I have 2.6GHz Athlon64 Venice now, it run game faster than Intel CPU, but run WindowsXP, P4-HT is smoother, especially u keep trying open a window immedately after close a window, sometimes AMD cpu based machine will have no responding for few seconds.

and if u using the Aqua Dock or Object Dock, it also sometime stop respoding for 1-2 seconds. but P4 with HT doesn't has the same problem.

I think might be P4-HT is better at multi-tasking. and I have do a test, I open many video player and play at the same time, the P4-HT run smoother clearly.

That's why I want a Athlon64 X2, I think it has all the advantages in games and windows operating.

Well got to 2.7, and i still think there is room for improvment. Just took me a few minutes to figure out how to test it for stability. Gona prime overnight and see what it sais in the morning.

Nearly identical settings to my Venice, :) Except I'm seeing double :D

• 1 month later...

Tried n tested!!!

im running 2.6Ghz at time of writing this. I feel after much testing the X2 3800+ is a better overclocker than most higher models. BEST BANG FOR ur Bucks. I just sold my X2 4200+ to a mate and stuck with X2 3800+

Its running like a charm i must say. If you can afford it GET the X2. If you want it cheap or the cheapest im ur GUY.

it also does 2.7Ghz but its tricky to stabalize on AIR

Here is mine. Currently in the Asus board, I am still working on getting the SLI-DR off the ground (see my whining thread).

This is stock cooling, stock voltage, first try.

Excuse the Unix output.

RES0: CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 3800+ (2398.32-MHz 686-class CPU)

RES0: SMP: AP CPU #1 Launched! 2 CPUs

RES0: Memory: 502 MB, bandwidth 2942.2743

RES0: ad0: 9590MB at ata0-master UDMA66

RES1: A8V-E SE 3800+ overclocked, 2x 256 MB Geil One TCCD 3-3-3-8 1:1:

[ETA: was not overnight stable, cracking up voltage now]