Sign in to follow this  
robberbaron

Why does the middle DIMM not work on the S754 nF3 250GB?

Guest Dice

no probs here, a-data ddr500 (hynix chips i'd say) 2 512MB sticks @ ddr 530 1:1 @ 2.9v

edit: latest official bios

After using Muskin Blue, and now OCZ Performance series in the NF3 250GB in the past 3 weeks trying to get stable I have learned some thing it seems.

It depends on the ram you are using as to which slots work the best for some reason.

my mushkin had to be ran in slots 1/2 @ 2t for the best stability but couldnt quite get stable with both sticks. 1/3 was nothing but errors out the butt in memtest.

With the OCZ I am now stable using 1t, but it required slots 1/3.

when the OCZ first came in I put it in slots 1/2. it could pass memtest, but failed OCCT in under 6min. swaped to 1/3 and Im golden it seems. passed occt, and 13.5hrs prime95.

I have 2 hammers (co and cg) and a new castle (cg), and 3 754 boards, two dfi nf3s, one abit kv8max3 (via kt800). With every cpu on every dfi, I can do stock speeds with agressive timings on any slot, but when overclocking using the middle one I get less mhz without errors. On my kv8 max, to even be able to use trcd2, I must use 1+3 - but at same settings, it's slightly faster on 1+2 than with 1+3, I never tested it on my dfis, but it's probable that the slightly faster combination will top earlier than the most relaxed one in my case (1+3).

Hey Maarek - is your Memtest in the 6/23 bios corrupted or does it work? i.e. displays special characters and reboots whereas floppy memtest is fully stable.

thanks

DC

Works fine with me, but either usb kb and mouse legacy support must be disabled as with previous bios.

Yeah I read that but I thought it was a suggestion.

Testing at DDR600 I would fail test 8 at 98%....

I switched AGP lock to 67 and lowered my LDT to 2.5 (forgot about that) and Ipassed test 8!

BUT...now failing test 5. doh!

I do still have USB keyboard support enabled, I like it but will lose it if I have to.

Bios memtest works now, disabled usb mouse support. Still failing as above though. Strangely, when I set to 67mHz ObjectDock FREAKED out...and would not work right i.e. lockups, links inactive

Back to 66mHz and it's fixed; I had also tried disabling Fastwrites. Going to re-enable FW and make sure it was just the 67mHz on the AGP lock.

thanks!

DC