Sign in to follow this  
soundx98

Add a Small LCD to your Case

It's so simple and easy you will laugh uNTaMeD-[4o8]

I took a spare 4-pin molex and cot off the end about 5" from the plug.

The yellow wire is 12v and the black is ground.

Automotive LCDs will have a red for 12v (connect to yellow) and a black for GND (Connect to black). If there is a wire on the LCD power plug it's usually yellow or orange and is constant ON (connect it to the yellow on the molex lead as well).

Good tutorial ... Modifications and Cooling Stickie in the making.

I was considering the before mentioned 15" LCD mounted in the side panel mod, with a cam installed on the back of it, so I can switch over to see the inside of the case. Some high tech refrigerators are using the same concept to preview their contents.

This will definitly be something I plan to do. Put a small LCD somewhere for AIM and small stuff for when I'm gaming or working on projects/papers/school stuff.

This will definitly be something I plan to do. Put a small LCD somewhere for AIM and small stuff for when I'm gaming or working on projects/papers/school stuff.

Be sure to get a high quality one then. Mine is okay for movies (especially animated stuff like Ice Age) and it's alright for MBM5, but anything more detailed than that is unreadable. I was really hoping to use it for media player during games, but no go. Might have to upgrade sometime if I see a good deal. :)

Edit: The one I'm using is shown in the first pic up top.

Be sure to get a high quality one then. Mine is okay for movies (especially animated stuff like Ice Age) and it's alright for MBM5, but anything more detailed than that is unreadable. I was really hoping to use it for media player during games, but no go. Might have to upgrade sometime if I see a good deal. :)

Edit: The one I'm using is shown in the first pic up top.

Damn, well, how "high quality," are we looking at? This will probably be one of the last things I do anyways, still gotta work on a monitor and then watercooling, etc.

A 5" to 7" screen is pretty small for AIM unless you have superman eyesight.

Some of the members have issues with eyesight due to age, and some have issues due to nightly partying.

TIP: Sleeping under Flower Power blankets may not make your vision better but will keep your tool from shriveling up :D

Damn, well, how "high quality," are we looking at? This will probably be one of the last things I do anyways, still gotta work on a monitor and then watercooling, etc.

Well, it doesn't matter so much what the resolution is, though it'd help if it had a common native resolution so you could just set your graphics card to that. Then look at how sharp the monitor is, go to a car audio place and check some out. If they can used as displays for car stereos, it's probably more than detailed enough for what you're doing.

TIP: Sleeping under Flower Power blankets may not make your vision better but will keep your tool from shriveling up :D

More than you know. ;)

I'm regetting posting that pic...

Lol, if your like me, that's only because the magnifing glasses on my face enlarge things.

Yes you definately can use it but it's not as easy.

Give me a day or two to search around for some links.

I'm in the middle of 3 projects and would like to do at least one of them well :D