Sign in to follow this  
Hope4Sun

New Rig (with Pics), The Build So Far...

Great look. I have gotta get myself some UV for my DFI. It looks . hot!

WOW thats a new one ... . hot.... LOL never heard it before.. Thats great keep up the good work soldier!!!! :nod:

wow cant wait to get my rig up..same case..watercooling ...all uv reactive (no black chrome..and im not doin the wire management...as im buying uv reactive cables...) but good job so far...lol keeps me in line waiting for my system :D

Looks great man! Quick question though, what did you use to cut holes in the case? Just a hole saw of some sort? I'm going to be doing similar watercooling on a Lian Li V2000 soon, and I'm not really sure how to cut that thick aluminum.

Can't wait to see the finished product in all it glory!

Looks great man! Quick question though, what did you use to cut holes in the case? Just a hole saw of some sort? I'm going to be doing similar watercooling on a Lian Li V2000 soon, and I'm not really sure how to cut that thick aluminum.

Can't wait to see the finished product in all it glory!

I just bought a couple of whole saws for the drill, they were not that much really, and got through the steel ok :). Id take a large square out behind the motherboard next time to give a little more room and it would make attaching the water blocks easier as the Chipset block was a real pain.

Here’s a few snaps of the system in the dark, still some cables to tidy in the main area and run out of the way. Also the cables in the top of the case need sorting too.

Lights1.jpg

Lights2.jpg

Then just got to adjust the UV's and put the LEDs into the water block on the CPU, a little carbon fibre to cover some of the exposed metal and get the sides on. I've been running the system in also and screens with temps and OC to follow.

Andy

Where do the tubes heading to the upper right (of the pictures) go? Another reservoir? Or is that where it connects to the radiator?

I'm going to try to integrate a Black Ice Extreme 3 into the top of my case, hopefully on the inside if I can, I've got a mini Black Ice 2 for no real reason except I've got a pair of 80 mm holes for exhaust just above the PSU at the bottom, figured I'd use them for sumthin. Maybe I'll start up a thread of my own once I get started...Certainly could use some ideas for the project...

But anyways definitely looking good, look forward to see what oc you can get on the 3800!

Where do the tubes heading to the upper right (of the pictures) go? Another reservoir? Or is that where it connects to the radiator?

I'm going to try to integrate a Black Ice Extreme 3 into the top of my case, hopefully on the inside if I can, I've got a mini Black Ice 2 for no real reason except I've got a pair of 80 mm holes for exhaust just above the PSU at the bottom, figured I'd use them for sumthin. Maybe I'll start up a thread of my own once I get started...Certainly could use some ideas for the project...

But anyways definitely looking good, look forward to see what oc you can get on the 3800!

The tubes go to the top of the radiator, i've got it mounted in the front of the case :), i'll be adding some pictures of the that light up soon too. If you got some holes already mayber you could go dual rad, the twin in the bottom and a single or another dual in the top.

I look forward to seeing your thread on your build, i've built a lot of PC's and servers over the years, but this has been a whole new experince and made it fun again :)

Andy

After a little bit of tweaking and running superPi and 2 instances of Prime95, i added a fan to ahe Ram mainly becasue the air seems to hit the PWMIC nicely and bring the temps down from around 50 to 41-43 with my current OC testing.

Heres where the PWMIC chip is as far as i can tell from the threads on here ;) with a OCZ ram sink i fitted to it as you can see in the pic.

pwmic.jpg

Once a fan is added to the ram, it cools the ram and the air out the side takes some of the PWMIC :)

RamCooling.jpg

Andy

Sorry for the lack of update guys, been so busy with work and visting the girl friend. I seem to have reached the limit of my CPU OC with the heat and volts at a limit i'm happy with, running SuperPI anyway.

Its peaking at 39-42 CPU, 45 PWMIC and 36-80 Chipset when running SuperPi, heres a shot so far, shows the heat starting to drop off, straight after SuperPi completed. I'm now tweaking the volts and OC to get dual Prime95 stable.

PIC HERE

Still a little sorting of the wires to do, as well as fitting a cutsom built fan controller to balance the cooling with the noise levels (more pictures of the completed case to come)

Andy