Is My Computer Ocable?

Badams66

Theres no settings in the bios for FSB or a multiplier (but i heard they were locked)! Now heres where im confused, my motherboard came with a software cd with a trial version OC utility on it (EasyTune4 Trial), but everytime i overclock it then it just goes back to the default! Is this because i can't oc my computer, or is it because the program is only trial.....or is t something completely unrealated to both of these subjects, or is it that im too stupid and im doing somthing wrong?

P.S.

I don't recommend saying the last one ;):lol:

alot of the times when you OC a computer though a windows app.. it wont stay because your not telling it to save to cmos or anything ur just applieing the settings..

you might wanna look at ur board manuals for jumpers.. you might have to do it old sk00l..

alot of the times when you OC a computer though a windows app.. it wont stay because your not telling it to save to cmos or anything ur just applieing the settings..

you might wanna look at ur board manuals for jumpers.. you might have to do it old sk00l..

nope, no jumpers, but when i up the mhz in bios it stays after i save it but when i run SandraMAX3 and look at the bios and cpu information it still says 1.67ghz! Is it sandra that doesn't read it or somthing?

Also, just outta curiosity, what kind of speeds could i pull off with top of the line water cooling?

well that program is like CPUFSB - it will set the speed to change when your computer starts up

no...actually easytune4 applies it right on the spot according to wcpuid and my temps rise as soon as i overclock it. there is an option to save it and have it automatically overclock it again on every reboot.

=AND what the [email protected]#$....my gigabyte board came with the full version on a cd with a bunch of other stuff like the fullversion of norton sysworks and internet security....and others.

no...actually easytune4 applies it right on the spot according to wcpuid and my temps rise as soon as i overclock it. there is an option to save it and have it automatically overclock it again on every reboot.

=AND what the [email protected]#$....my gigabyte board came with the full version on a cd with a bunch of other stuff like the fullversion of norton sysworks and internet security....and others.

Mine came with full norton and everything too, but only trial for EasyTune <_< ! But when i OC using it then i press save and it says Save OK!!!, and then i minimize the program to the taskbar and open it back up and its back to stock speed <_<

nope, no jumpers, but when i up the mhz in bios it stays after i save it but when i run SandraMAX3 and look at the bios and cpu information it still says 1.67ghz! Is it sandra that doesn't read it or somthing?

Sounds like your CPU multiplier is still locked. Did you make the necessary changes to the L bridges??

I know the multiplier is locked, so is most of my ram settings....but i can still change the system bus! I can change it in the bios, it just won't save when i use EasyTune

Its a Thoroubred, and according to SandraMAX, it can be overclocked to 2.5GHz+! Thats the only reason i wanted to know how, because when i get me some more RAM and everyone has new 6GHz computers so i don't get left behind like i did when i had my Pentium MMX 250mhz :lol: