Sign in to follow this  
ianmknight

Max Vcore & Temp 3700 SD

Hello,

Well I have my UT Ultra-D up and running now and am statrting a little OC'ing and was wondering how much Vcore I can the 3700 SD CPU to on Air. Also what the Max tempreature is when read via the NVidia monitor application.

I am currently running at 245*11=2695 at 50c Temp 1.5 Vcore by 110% = 1.65, although CPUz says Vcore is 1.6.

Many thanks in advance IMK

Guest Kronos
Hello,

Well I have my UT Ultra-D up and running now and am statrting a little OC'ing and was wondering how much Vcore I can the 3700 SD CPU to on Air. Also what the Max tempreature is when read via the NVidia monitor application.

I am currently running at 245*11=2695 at 50c Temp 1.5 Vcore by 110% = 1.65, although CPUz says Vcore is 1.6.

Many thanks in advance IMK

To give you an idea:

On AIR: (lots of AIR) I'm running : 250x11 @ 2750Mhz, 1.300v + 123% (1.59999V) My temps hover 34-38C idle and high 40's LOAD.

how many case fans do you have 50c at idle seems high.

You have an am hs/f so maybe your airflow isnt that great or its boiling in your room.

With my sig i get 29c to 31c idle and mid 40s after playing css for 5 hours ;)

Just because the software says 1.6v , it very well could be 1.65v. Which should be about tops for air. imo. Plus if you are at 50c oc'ing is going to be minimal. Try to get some "outside" air in your case or maybe double check the seating of the heatsink against your chip. That cooler should give you a better temp than that, yes?

Many thanks all for your replies and help,

Currently the MB is not in a case as I am still working up my OC'ing it is just laying flat on my bench. This core is happy at 1.65 246*11 runs prime or memtest all day 100% CPU not a flutter.

I have just spent a couple of hours trying to get this core up to 250*11 and have tried twelve volt setting from 1.65 (1.5*110%) to 1.4*126% (1.764) before the core hit 60c and it shutdown. Would have been nice to see it [email protected], but what the heck it's only 1%.

So I guess that the max CPU for this core on air. I am not unhappy with it as it is a good 20% over the baseline and 100% stable... May be when X2 cores come down a little in price I'll get a 4800 and see how that revs......

Again many thanks IMK