Sign in to follow this  
DaLurker

NF3 Ultra-D can't go over 300mhz HTT?

I am having a lot of trouble getting over 300mhz HTT. Anybody here have any ideas? I've lowered the LDT multiplier to 3x (2x doesn't seem to work) and I've tried adding .1 volts and that doesn't help.

I am having a lot of trouble getting over 300mhz HTT. Anybody here have any ideas? I've lowered the LDT multiplier to 3x (2x doesn't seem to work) and I've tried adding .1 volts and that doesn't help.

I got to 315 with chipset voltage set to 1.85 - just make sure ur chipset HSF is working OK ;)

bb

I got to 315 with chipset voltage set to 1.85 - just make sure ur chipset HSF is working OK ;)

bb

You using the stock HSF? any mods?

You using the stock HSF? any mods?

nope...no mods to the board and the stock HSF seems to go alright. U might have to lower ur CPU multi to get above 300. Maybe give that a go if u haven't already.

bb

nope...no mods to the board and the stock HSF seems to go alright. U might have to lower ur CPU multi to get above 300. Maybe give that a go if u haven't already.

bb

I'm adjusting my CPU multi so that it never goes over my max stable overclock :)

Well that didn't help. Even up to 1.95 volts, It won't be stable at over 300 mhz HTT.... sigh.... should I take the stock heatsink off and put some AS 5 and try again?

Guest Blooz1

I'd say you should DEFINITELY do that! You might find, as I did with my nF3 UT 250, that the heatsink isn't even making contact with about 2/3 of the chip!

Pulling off the heatsink or fan and checking this is something I do as part of the initial installation since back in the nF2 days! Once I've determined the board is going to run, I yank off that sink and check it out for contact and flatness.

I've yet to find a factory heatsink that's really flat. I've had 3 Epox boards, 1 Asus, and now a DFI in the past 3 years, and I've wound up replacing the HS on all but 1 Epox board. (That one was close enough that I could lap it.)

What voltage are you running on the processor? I'm running prime stable with 1.75v on the chipset at 305mhz X 9. 1.85v didn't help stability while testing at 310~312mhz and 1.95v locked me up and needed a cmos clear. I was able to run everything (AM3, 3DM01, 3DM05, SuperPI, OCCT) except I couldn't get through 3DM03 and failed prime...

What voltage are you running on the processor? I'm running prime stable with 1.75v on the chipset at 305mhz X 9. 1.85v didn't help stability while testing at 310~312mhz and 1.95v locked me up and needed a cmos clear. I was able to run everything (AM3, 3DM01, 3DM05, SuperPI, OCCT) except I couldn't get through 3DM03 and failed prime...

That is exactly the issue I'm having right now OldGuy! I can run 305mhz x 9 (1.65 actually) and it's priming and Super Piing. The moment I up it to 310mhz, it won't even boot into windows, regardless of the voltage!

It's weird how it seems to hit at wall at 305mhz.. kind of frustrating :(

That is exactly the issue I'm having right now OldGuy! I can run 305mhz x 9 (1.65 actually) and it's priming and Super Piing. The moment I up it to 310mhz, it won't even boot into windows, regardless of the voltage!

It's weird how it seems to hit at wall at 305mhz.. kind of frustrating :(

How do you think I feel :D Primed for close to 9 hours at 2750 and decided I had it licked. Went on to 2800 and buzzed through everything with no problems until I tried 3DM03...failed so i went on to 3DM05 and passed. 30 minute OCCT...passed. Prime....failed after 8 minutes. Decided to go back to 2750 and left it priming overnight. Left it priming and went to work and came home to failure at 11+ hours :D Always fails with small fft's so I'm running fft's between 8 and 24. Failed at 304mhz at the end of the first set (15 minutes). Priming at 303mhz (2727mhz) for the past hour. Damned hard to let go of those big numbers but gotta face reality ;)

How do you think I feel :D Primed for close to 9 hours at 2750 and decided I had it licked. Went on to 2800 and buzzed through everything with no problems until I tried 3DM03...failed so i went on to 3DM05 and passed. 30 minute OCCT...passed. Prime....failed after 8 minutes. Decided to go back to 2750 and left it priming overnight. Left it priming and went to work and came home to failure at 11+ hours :D Always fails with small fft's so I'm running fft's between 8 and 24. Failed at 304mhz at the end of the first set (15 minutes). Priming at 303mhz (2727mhz) for the past hour. Damned hard to let go of those big numbers but gotta face reality ;)

Yeah... I'm wondering why the HTT would only go so high though.... it sux having a motherboard that won't let your CPU completely stretch it's legs. I'm thinking we're missing something here. IT seems so weird that the board will do 300 mhz fine.. but completely die off 2-3 mhz higher than that. Perhaps I should take the stock heatsink off and reapply it with some AS5 and see how that goes.