DFI NF4 + Corsair 4400C2.5 - DRAM Config

i am having a hell of a time trying to get mine to run at stock. I am getting BSOD's when running any type of memory test in windows.

current settings are 2-2-2-6 or 2-3-3-6 timings everything else on auto. if i go looser than 2-3-3-6 i can't even boot to windows.

if i go to 250x8 2.5-3-3-7 i have no BSOD problems, but the computer seems a little slower than when at the x10 multi.

also, i am running the 623-3 bios, should i be trying something different?

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i am having a hell of a time trying to get mine to run at stock. I am getting BSOD's when running any type of memory test in windows.

current settings are 2-2-2-6 or 2-3-3-6 timings everything else on auto. if i go looser than 2-3-3-6 i can't even boot to windows.

if i go to 250x8 2.5-3-3-7 i have no BSOD problems, but the computer seems a little slower than when at the x10 multi.

also, i am running the 623-3 bios, should i be trying something different?

glad i didnt really need that much help (doesn't look like i would have gotten it) i got them to work, and now i have sold them

Hey guys, i got a situation here (after the psu prob :P)

I'm trying to get my venice to run on dual channel at 275

using Corsair 4400 rev1.1 but it can only hit 260 on dual channel using this ram.

That is prime stable or OCCT stable can only hit 260.

The real mystery is that when i use 1 stick of ram only, my venice can hit 275 with no problem(Prime and OCCT stable) and i tried both ram at 1 stick no prob...

I'm thinking that it maybe the venice memcontroller or the mobo, what do you think guys?

my settings ar (Have used bios version 510-1,-2, 623-1,-2 702-2)

1/1

1T

3 tried using 4 still no go

15 tried upping the number

3120 (tried using 3072,2506, and others)

1 (tried 5)

Enable

Auto

2 (have used 1 on 510-2 bios)

8 (have put at 9 also)

Fast

5 (have used 6)

Auto (tried 256)

disable

16x

7x

Diasble

This was 8hours memtest error free...any suggestions?

Is it a dual channel problem or is it just my crappy venice :(

• 3 months later...
Guest DjDaLiu

have Opteron 146 CABYE 0540 and run 2700 Mhz (270 x 10) with stock voltage. The problem is i cant run my memorys in dual channel, i get alot of BSOD, doesnt matter if i run stock speed or overclock, if i run only with 1 stick of memory everything is perfect, i run with both stick of memory separately and the memory are just fine, no errors in memtest at 270 Mhz, passed alots of hours prime95. What should i do, i just change one mobo at RMA but not the mobo is the problem, i think is my memory or my cpu. What u think guys?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Long time since looking here again, I tried setting my system for 275fsb, paired memory which is supposably guaranteed.

I used the settings in AG post to manually set the BIOS settings, however my PC just keeps rebooting. I tried upping the DRAM to 3.10 (as anything below 2.9, even on 200fsb justs BSODs).

My bios also shows slightly different settings, for example;

Where you have "32 Byte Granularity - Disable 4 bursts" I can only choose "auto", disable - 8 bursts, Enable 4 - Bursts.

I have tried disable and enable but still reboots.

I tried changing the PU/FSB down to 10 and 8, both just reboot after part of boot up shown, I tried 9 which went slightly further but said a windows file was corrupt and needed recovery.

I set my settings back to 200fsb and boots fine.

I paid extra for the NF4 ultra D mobo and this corsair memory as I wanted to overclock, not having any luck and tbh I have no chance trying to understand all these settings.

Any ideas on what I can try to get the 275fsb ?

I tried cpu/fsb 8 thinking that should boot and prove the memory fine at 275 but fails.

What settings could I try to slowly increment the fsb to see where it gets to/

TIA