DFI NF4 + Corsair 4400C2.5 - DRAM Config

Well here's my story with this ram....I can get it to run fine with the stock 2.5-4-4-8 settings @ 2.8volts...however, it locks up in BF2...Tried running what AG posted for timing, and it wont even boot to windows... Any suggestions? What other info would you need from me to diagnose the problem? Thanks

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well here's my story with this ram....I can get it to run fine with the stock 2.5-4-4-8 settings @ 2.8volts...however, it locks up in BF2...Tried running what AG posted for timing, and it wont even boot to windows... Any suggestions? What other info would you need from me to diagnose the problem? Thanks

I'd say RMA it if you can't get it to do 275 @ my timings (which are Corsair's timings for this memory @ DDR550) and voltages. You should try to drop the multiplier on the cpu to 7 or 8 to make sure the memory will do 275 and isn't being limited by your cpu not being able to clock that high

Infinity: you should get them FedEx monday at the latest (make sure to let me know you received them)

Nope, it's the GigaRam modules I was working on before. These work, but only at dead stock. I RMA'd my other pair for eventually the OCZ in my sig. They are Hynix

HY5DU12822BT-D43 chips, much like some OCZ, Corsair, and I think Mushkin modules.

I'd say RMA it if you can't get it to do 275 @ my timings (which are Corsair's timings for this memory @ DDR550) and voltages. You should try to drop the multiplier on the cpu to 7 or 8 to make sure the memory will do 275 and isn't being limited by your cpu not being able to clock that high

I cant run 200 @ your timings. I took one stick out, ran prime95 torture almost an hour with no errors, then was able to play BF2 even though very chopping, without getting the dreaded CTD for about an hour. Usually with both sticks in, I get an error within a few mins on prime95, and a CTD on BF2 within 5-10 mins. I have yet to try the other stick by itself with prime95. But it defintely seems like the trouble is pointing to my ram. If I do RMA this, should I try a different brand? I was looking at GeIL GLX1GB4400DC 1GB DDR550 PC4400 Ultra-X Series or the Mushkin 991400 1GB DDR550 XP4400, would this ram be a little more "compatible" with the nf4 mb?

I guess my bottom line question is...what would be the best ram for me to buy to work with this board?

I have same memory with a diego 3700

I have only got my pc working at 200 with default settings on the genie bios and upping dram to 2.9.

If I try your settings AG would/should I lower the multiplier from default 10?

Also, what incremental steps you recommend to try, same setttings but move fsb up in 5s?

If I am talking rubbish then please say, I am new to the O/C scene and tentively starting.

I got the kit, lacking the knowledge and bravery at moment.

I guess my bottom line question is...what would be the best ram for me to buy to work with this board?

contact the OCZ guys at this forum (AndyOCZ, RyderOCZ) and let them help you find something. They are ultra reliable guys and so is their memory.

If I try your settings AG would/should I lower the multiplier from default 10?

drop it to 9 or even 8 to start, but 275x10 should be no problem on a Venice/San Diego

contact the OCZ guys at this forum (AndyOCZ, RyderOCZ) and let them help you find something. They are ultra reliable guys and so is their memory.

Cool, thats sorta what I wanted to hear. Just got off the phone with a friend of mine, he just purchased OCZ DDR600 for a system pretty damn close to mine, and he decided not to use it, but for him to return it would cost him 15% restock, so sounds like a good deal for both of us....

One other thing I don't think I mentioned...When I checked the memory in CPU-Z, the models # in the different slots were coming up different numbers...One was a CMX something, the other CMD...I will double check when I get home and post screen shots.

Finally i can run over 300Mhz full stable, my settings are:

Stable for my is:

-5 hrs Memtest (all test)

-5 hrs Prime96

-SuperPi all bench passed

dibujo9gs.th.jpg

dibujo22cw.th.jpg

dibujo30wb.th.jpg

dibujo49dt.th.jpg

dibujo51yw.th.jpg

dibujo68oc.th.jpg

dibujo78gb.th.jpg

dibujo82me.th.jpg

dibujo97mi.th.jpg

BIOS: 702-2

GENIE BIOS CONFIGURATON

FSB Bus Frequency 300

LDT/FSB Frequency Ration AUTO

CPU/FSB Frequency Ratio AUTO

PCI eXpress Frequency 100MHz

CPU VID StartUp Value 1,550

CPU VID Control 1,500

CPU VID Special Control 110%

LDT Voltage Control 1,30

Chip Set Voltage Control 1,60

DRAM Voltage Control 2,70 (bios show 2.75v, and 2.8v or 2.9v BSD,)

DRAM +0,03v If it's Not 3,2v DISABLE

DRAM Configuration Settings:

DRAM Frequency Set 200 (1:1) DRAM/FSB

Command Per Clock (CPC) AUTO 1T

CAS Latency Control (Tcl) 2,5

RAS# to CAS# delay (Trcd) 4

Min RAS# active time (Tras) 8

Row precharge time (Trp) 4

Row Cycle time (Trc) 9

Row refresh cyc time (Trfc) 19

Row to Row delay (Trrd) 3

Write recovery time (Twr) 2