bad cpu....

Angry_Games

one of my friends at my hockey forums has a friend who couldn't get his stuff to work...says they tried everything, and just couldn't get it to work, and he knew i worked for a mobo company so asked me if I would help.

I said sure, send cpu/mobo/memory to me, and I'll take a look at it

well, the mobo is an ECS KT600, but it actually is a good board, and his memory is old PC2100 but its good memory...but that is not what caught my eye

the INSTANT i opened the box and saw the cpu holder thingy, I picked it up and looked at it...and this is what I saw:

bad_cpu.jpg

lol...(yes that is AS5, and yes that cpu is DEAD)

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, Just a reminder for everyone, its only a dab of AS5, it does not conduct better than copper so the less you use the better, its only needed because the surface of the heatsink is not 100% flat. Yes its almost pure silver, but its gell like goodness also insolates if not applyed correctly see pic above! AG make a keychain out of it! I use a Duron as my keys lol.

OM Freakin' G! That is just pathetic. I hope the guy's friend get's an earful.

EDIT: I have never, ever left the default thermal past/pad/grease on any retail fan. It comes off, the surface is lapped smooth and a nice rice sized bead of AS goes on.

CPUZ, unbelieveable is a conjugation so while beliveable is one word, unbeliveable is a variant and a single word. At least thats what I think!

Yes it is one word, but i meant where i added "lol". lol ;)