Dual Monitor

Badams66

I can't seem to get both my monitors working! Can someone help me out?

Nevermind, i figured out the problem! I just had to chenge the primary display driver in the bios!

it won't work unless 1 of two things is present. dual head video card (both connectors on 1 card) or they are EXACTLY the same card. since one of them is agp and the other is pci, you can guess why that won't work.

also it's not a question mark which indicates no drivers. an exclamation mark indicates the drivers are either improperly installed or there is a hardware error. this happens to be a hardware error since the virge line of cards was supported as far back as windows 95b.

Edited by bigred

the two cards don't have to be exactly the same in order to put together a dual monitor setup. i used to have a dual monitor setup a few months ago on my a7n8x deluxe setup, kept it for a couple of weeks. was using a GF4 MX 420 agp card and a Voodoo3 2000 pci card. all i needed to do before i installed the drivers was to go into the bios and change some option from default (pci) to agp. you only need to change that if you have a dual monitor setup with two cards otherwise its not needed (they also mention something like that in a dual monitor guide on this site.) thought it was pretty cool.

Nevermind, i figured out the problem! I just had to chenge the primary display driver in the bios!

You guys must have missed that :lol:

all i needed to do before i installed the drivers was to go into the bios and change some option from default (pci) to agp.

I had to do the complete oposite (change agp to pci)