Yaaay It booted ~!

Sweet ~ !

I may not sleep now for quite some time......

Check my new sig as a new dfi board lives...and it booted on the first try !

I loaded optimized saved and exited in 3/10 bios as shipped.

I am now actually headed for 6/23-3 I think.

*(going to go study and figure out best bios for his ram.)

Cause the 3/10 was mostly default but it booted with both sticks *(orange.)

(But I will hunt timings and settings in a while.

The anticipation / stress of hitting the power button on $1800/00 + has left me wanting to mellow and chill a bit.)

No dead parts to RMA, so far looks like even the new monitor I bought works like a charm. Nothing fancy, but what the hey I will add it to my sig. :)

I am just glad it worked. Second build was a much pleasanter experience with pre approved parts :)

Too all on DFI street, thank you.

Oh and errr, ARR~!

yea I am going to take my time and look up what works best and try it.

I am not in a hurry now, as I just spent the better part of three hours meticulously putting it togeter.

Oh and temps looked great in bios....

EDIT / addendum : flashed to 6/23/3 and pass #1 in mmtest is 0 errors with timeings in settings. 41 minutes of walltime stable.

Running memtest via bios and Researching CPU voltages what not. *(Found the thread actually. :) )

Contemplating whether to redo the nf4 chipset again..... *( I used ceramique again on the cpu and NB heatsinks during install.)

Video card is going to be modded or changed or eventually dropped into slot two.

Nf4 chipset temps was at 46 at idle. Heck it hasn't even had time to bake yet and should go down some. *(and the Video card design ducts air directly into its inflow so I will make a *(unknown atm) and see what I can do with fans.)

Eyeballing the amd CPU heatsink and a half dozen others I have laying around.

Raid array set up and reporting healthy. Sata 1 through 4 enabled in bios. *(easy as I did that one before.)

I think I can stand another hour of chilling. I know the winchester will not give me stellar overclocks. (weak mem controller as I understand it.) But it will still fly comparatively. If it lives, I will throw a SLI mod + 2 nvida cards on it and an x2 processor on it in a year and have an even faster rocketship.

Oh, and while I was clearing bios after the flash, I dropped a brand spanking new Energizer *(model 2032) cmos into the battery holder. Tested it at 3.15 v so it should last a good while.

Late last night I had a weird issue, may have been user error, but it is now solved and I am finishing an XP W/ Raid install now.

Ok, I was stable for almost 3 hours in memtest (I know, I am headed there again soon just to be sure.) and I started an install.

I set boot order, popped in disk, hit f6 for Raid drivers. I added BOTH NV raid controllers files. *(And not any of the sil ones.) and then windows went on its way. When it went to reboot / access / copy the floppy files later in the install it failed to see / copy them. *(Even with my repeated hitting enter re-try it simply failed to read the factory floppy. 15-20x times trying to get floppy files to load was enough to know it failed.) So I tried again and it failed to load the floppy data on the second install also. But on the second install I laid my plans and ambushed it with good results.

I went to DFI tw and got a newer (3/10 ? ) nvraid floppy autoexe and made a floppy. Probably shouldn’t have but I even tried the new floppy with the second failed install. No go also.

So.... Third time is the charm. Load XP CD, use raid drivers from the new Floppy wDFI.tw NFORCE_R *(@913kb size) and it finds them first time and completes the install.

Weird, when I did raid with raptors in signature, they took the shipping floppy drivers with no balking.

Really I think it may have been a bad disk sector on the floppy itself. But it could be user error. My initial thought was that it was my floppy drive, not sure what really. Basically, nf4 /6/23/ sp2 pro and the raid floppy that shipped were a no go combo.

I did note that the factory disk had both and the /dlls resided one level deep in folders while the disk I made had all the .dll’s and whatnot on A: and not in any kind of folders.

Either way, it found them on the new floppy and I am looking at XP on the monitor. :)

thx again dfi street.

yea I am going to take my time and look up what works best and try it.

I am not in a hurry now, as I just spent the better part of three hours meticulously putting it togeter.

Oh and temps looked great in bios....

EDIT / addendum : flashed to 6/23/3 and pass #1 in mmtest is 0 errors with timeings in settings. 41 minutes of walltime stable.

Running memtest via bios and Researching CPU voltages what not. *(Found the thread actually. :) )

Contemplating whether to redo the nf4 chipset again..... *( I used ceramique again on the cpu and NB heatsinks during install.)

Video card is going to be modded or changed or eventually dropped into slot two.

Nf4 chipset temps was at 46 at idle. Heck it hasn't even had time to bake yet and should go down some. *(and the Video card design ducts air directly into its inflow so I will make a *(unknown atm) and see what I can do with fans.)

Eyeballing the amd CPU heatsink and a half dozen others I have laying around.

Raid array set up and reporting healthy. Sata 1 through 4 enabled in bios. *(easy as I did that one before.)

I think I can stand another hour of chilling. I know the winchester will not give me stellar overclocks. (weak mem controller as I understand it.) But it will still fly comparatively. If it lives, I will throw a SLI mod + 2 nvida cards on it and an x2 processor on it in a year and have an even faster rocketship.

Oh, and while I was clearing bios after the flash, I dropped a brand spanking new Energizer *(model 2032) cmos into the battery holder. Tested it at 3.15 v so it should last a good while.

i dunno, my winnie is "chugging" along nicely....dont count them out until you try them! :)