Sign in to follow this  
Guest Tmod_merged

Bios Boot Logo's

Guest Tmod
It says only support 16 // 256 colors

Have you lowered the color count to 256 or less?

Tmod

damn.. i jsut created a 256 color bmp and it even shows on boot, but it is totally distorted and color are messed up also. it seems like the image is to big to fit on screen..

the format should be 640x462 256 color BMP, right?

Well yes you can place your image in the bios.

640x480 256 color for the image

For the image installation into the bios use Cbrom and type the following.

Cbrom XXXXX.bin /LOGO xxxxx.bmp

Replace the XXXXX.bin with your bios file name and the xxxxx.bmp with the name of your bitmap file that you created.

What is this tool "Cbrom"? Where do I find it?

Guest Tmod
What is this tool "Cbrom"? Where do I find it?

Google Cbrom and you will have the answer.

Tmod

I've downloaded a JPEG file. Then I've resized it to 640x480 with 256 colors and saved it as a BMP file as described. It has 302KB now. I wanted to add this to the Bios with CBROM.

But I always receive an error message: 0406bta.bin have not enough space for adding ROM. (Over 6C2Ch bytes)

With this picture http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dfi123el.png it works if I convert it to a 256 BMP, but it has exactly the same kb than mine.

Even when I make mine much smaller, it still receive the same error message until I make it smaller then 200kb.

Then I'm able to flash it but as it was not 640x480 anymore it looks totally bad.

I've also tried another bios and it's the same. This example http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dfi123el.png works but my pictures not.

I think the reason is that the source file was a JPEG. If I generate a completely new BMP it's working.

Any idea how I can get a JPEG from the web to work?

I've used the standard MS Paint and also Photoshop to generate the logos.

I've downloaded a JPEG file. Then I've resized it to 640x480 with 256 colors and saved it as a BMP file as described. It has 302KB now. I wanted to add this to the Bios with CBROM.

But I always receive an error message: 0406bta.bin have not enough space for adding ROM. (Over 6C2Ch bytes)

With this picture http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dfi123el.png it works if I convert it to a 256 BMP, but it has exactly the same kb than mine.

Even when I make mine much smaller, it still receive the same error message until I make it smaller then 200kb.

Then I'm able to flash it but as it was not 640x480 anymore it looks totally bad.

I've also tried another bios and it's the same. This example http://img374.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dfi123el.png works but my pictures not.

I think the reason is that the source file was a JPEG. If I generate a completely new BMP it's working.

Any idea how I can get a JPEG from the web to work?

I've used the standard MS Paint and also Photoshop to generate the logos.

Argh! I'm having the EXACT same problem. I've tried everything I can think of. My file is 8bit (256 color) 640x480 and 300 dpi. It weird though because I have another file I have tried and it works fine!?! I don't get it.

ok, i was going to try and place an image into a 704-2bta bios.

so i HAVE the 704-2bta.BIN file, then type into cmd:

"cbrom 704-2BTA.BIN /logo mylogo.bmp"

it works...i guess. it outputs a Bios.ROM file, a SFV file and a FILE_TUS.BIN file, all of which are very small.

something wrong?

Guest Tmod
something wrong?

If it worked for you there is nothing wrong.

When you boot your system does the logo show up?

Tmod